How comfortable are the beds?

deb4kids

The beds on my last two Carnival cruises were OUTSTANDING and I hate hard beds. I think they've really upped their quality in bedding with the last ships, but I don't know if the older ships are getting the upgrades too.

Just got off the Spirit. My bed was AWFUL. Lumpy and woke up with terrible backaches. The other beds in the room were comfortable. So I complained. First to the room steward who tried to fix it, then to customer relations. They had a pad put on the bed and it was fine. so if the bed is not to your liking, things can be done.

We were just on the Elation and this was my 3rd Carnival cruise in 18 months. It sure seemed to me that the mattress was a lot firmer that the ones in the past.

I found out 3 days before we set sail that I have a broken back and as soon as I layed on the bed the first night I felt like I might as well be on the floor it was so stiff.

Our room steward added 2 down comforters folded in half to my side and that seemed to make it a little better. But meds helped, too LOL

Our most recent CCL sailing was on the Dream (last July) and the beds were AWESOME. I guess, like food tastes, it's subjective. We thought they were very soft. It's one of the reasons we look forward to Carnival. We're truly on vacation, as it's the BEST sleep we ever experience.:)

Eight of our nine Carnival cruises, we have had the most comfortable beds. The only ship we did not enjoy was last month, on the Pride. We both woke us and our backs hurt. We slept good, but just the aches and pains in the morning.

The last two cruises, Elation and Triumph, the matresses were so hard they hurt my slightly arthritic hip and made it difficult to sleep.

I got more accustomed to it after a few days, but next time, this saturday :), if the bed is uncomfortable I am going to find the steward and ask for a pad.

I have pretty bad insomnia and I always sleep like a rock on cruises. My bed on carnival has always been comfortable. (and I love the bedding). Do keep in mind that waking up in the morning sore or stiff may not always be due to the bed. Did you lug you luggage/carry-on around? Walk more than usual on an excursion? Take the stairs more than you normally would? Take a long flight to your port? A lot of things could be a cause. Especially those of us that may not be in the best of shape or ahem over a certain age. (My age would definately be over that certain age.)

I thought the bed on the Conquest was to DIE for. I hope the ones on the Ecstasy are has wonderful.

Was on the Ecstacy last year and found the bed very comfy. The only issue I had was the layout of the room, the head of the bed was not against a wall, and I like to prop my pillow up a bit. Of couse my wife had one of the closets to prop hers up on. But hey, it's Susan's world and I just rent space in it..:)

Have a balcony on the Conquest this year. Should be great.

on my last cruise, last fall, on the valor, my bed was so comfy!!!!!

i got home and ordered the pillows from carnival's web site. i so wanted to order the bed too, but it was out of my price range.

Archived