Transfer question in baltimore...

As I have said in another post, we are being treated by son and d-i-l, to a Christmas Cruise out of Baltimore. We will be getting to Baltimore by train from N.Y. Has anyone transfered from the train terminal to the port, and can shead some light on transfer price, time to port, etc. Thank you for your help.

As I have said in another post, we are being treated by son and d-i-l, to a Christmas Cruise out of Baltimore. We will be getting to Baltimore by train from N.Y. Has anyone transfered from the train terminal to the port, and can shead some light on transfer price, time to port, etc. Thank you for your help.

:cool:Just get a taxi. Don't know price, but be at cruise terminal by 11:00 am. Should be 15-20 minutes by cab. May want to come down day before in case of snow:cool:

There is no public transportation to the cruise port. There is a bus that gets to within a few blocks, but it would be a tricky ride with luggage. A taxi is your best bet. Taxis are plentiful at the station.

In case you're not aware, the train station in Baltimore is at the extreme north end of downtown. The cruise port is to the south of downtown, near Fort McHenry; and the world-famous Inner Harbor is about halfway between the two. 15-20 minutes is a good estimate of travel time.

If you opt to come down the day of the cruise, I would take an early train, to allow yourself a cushion in case of delay.

Archived