Hockey Playoffs- Versus Network

Hey All,

Going on the Allure in a few days May 22nd. But before Sail we are staying at the Ft Lauderdale Hilton Marina friday and Sat. Me and my group are huge hockey fans, not just hockey fans but Bruins fans. My Question is does anyone know if any bars near the Hilton Marina will be playing the Tampa- Bruins Playoff game at 1:30pm Sat. The network that is playing that game is Versus Network. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you know of a place semi walking distance we can watch the game at. WE would be so upset to miss it :(.

Thank you so much for your help :cool:

Hey All,

Going on the Allure in a few days May 22nd. But before Sail we are staying at the Ft Lauderdale Hilton Marina friday and Sat. Me and my group are huge hockey fans, not just hockey fans but Bruins fans. My Question is does anyone know if any bars near the Hilton Marina will be playing the Tampa- Bruins Playoff game at 1:30pm Sat. The network that is playing that game is Versus Network. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you know of a place semi walking distance we can watch the game at. WE would be so upset to miss it :(.

A short cab ride to Dave and Busters would be a sure bet to see hockey...we did that last year to see the Bruins/Flyers game 7 (oops, did I say that :)). Just up the street about a mile from the hotel is a sports bar called "Duffy's". I would guess they would have it on there as well. Lots of screens there also.

You should have no problem. I watched the playoffs in Jacksonville last year. Just go to a sports bar and ask them to throw on the game! I'd be concerned about following on the ship though.

Any chance of getting the games on the Allure once we're on the ship? The Monday night game is formal night. Oh boy, I might be in the dining room by myself if there is hockey.. Go Bolts! :D

Any chance of getting the games on the Allure once we're on the ship? The Monday night game is formal night. Oh boy, I might be in the dining room by myself if there is hockey.. Go Bolts! :D

I've never seen VS on the ship, its CBS, ESPN, and CNN primarily.

Just off the Allure this past Sunday (going thru withdrawls!!) and I can tell you, FORGET about Hockey your week onboard. If Eric Boogaard of the Rangers didn't didn't past away last week, I wouldn't have any hockey coverage.

The ONLY sports channel in your stateroom is ESPN Deportes, and I'm not sure if any of the bars get Versus. I can say that they did have NBA playoff games in the On-Air karaoke bar, but I never saw anything about the NHL.

The only ICE we saw was in our drinks, and on deck 4 at Studio B!! (and don't ice skate unless you want to skate on ice that is far worse then even MSG ice after the circus!! - even the pros during the ice show was falling!!) :confused:

Hey All,

Go to Kelly's Landing, it is a NEW ENGLAND restaurant and bar, all NE sports are aired, trust me that is where you want to be on Saturday afternoon! It is less than a mile from your hotel!! From one Bruin's fan to another :D

Here is there info:

Kelly's Landing

1305 SE 17th Street

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Phone: 954-760-7009

Just off the Allure this past Sunday (going thru withdrawls!!) and I can tell you, FORGET about Hockey your week onboard. If Eric Boogaard of the Rangers didn't didn't past away last week, I wouldn't have any hockey coverage.

The ONLY sports channel in your stateroom is ESPN Deportes, and I'm not sure if any of the bars get Versus. I can say that they did have NBA playoff games in the On-Air karaoke bar, but I never saw anything about the NHL.

The only ICE we saw was in our drinks, and on deck 4 at Studio B!! (and don't ice skate unless you want to skate on ice that is far worse then even MSG ice after the circus!! - even the pros during the ice show was falling!!) :confused:

For our cruise, they had ESPN and ESPN2 in the cantilevered hot tubs, I did see some baseball and NBA playoffs (Mavs/Lakers)

For our cruise, they had ESPN and ESPN2 in the cantilevered hot tubs, I did see some baseball and NBA playoffs (Mavs/Lakers)

ESPN doesn't carry hockey... seems that this is the network the ships have though.

NHL's broadcast contracts are with Versus Network and NBC. I would never in a million years schedule a cruise during the playoffs lol. I wasn't even too thrilled about missing regular season games on a cruise.

Wi-fi on most of the ship, my hubby had no problems with his laptop. Just need to buy the minutes ;)

Sounds pricey. This Boston/TB is going to be a good series. The only players I like on either team are the goaltenders - Kaberle seems to be a bust for Boston.

Atlanta to Winnipeg is apparently a done deal. Hasta la Vista Thrashers! Big Buff thought he was spending a career in sunny Atlanta when he signed his contract. Off to Manatoba buddy :eek:!!! lmao

Sounds pricey. This Boston/TB is going to be a good series. The only players I like on either team are the goaltenders - Kaberle seems to be a bust for Boston.

Atlanta to Winnipeg is apparently a done deal. Hasta la Vista Thrashers! Big Buff thought he was spending a career in sunny Atlanta when he signed his contract. Off to Manatoba buddy :eek:!!! lmao

I love Tim Thomas tonight :) but honestly it is a great series, and tonight's game is awesome!!!

As for Atlanta....hopefully the NHL will realize that if the Flames and the Thrashers couldn't make it, no one can. Hockey just doesn't belong in the south, the only Panther's game I have been to is when they play the Bruins.

I love Tim Thomas tonight :) but honestly it is a great series, and tonight's game is awesome!!!

As for Atlanta....hopefully the NHL will realize that if the Flames and the Thrashers couldn't make it, no one can. Hockey just doesn't belong in the south, the only Panther's game I have been to is when they play the Bruins.

Unfortunately the Islanders are going to get shipped out also if the taxpayers don't vote "yes" for a $400M loan to build a new arena. It's a shame too because the beer selection at the Coliseum is 2nd to none!

We'll see what happens with ATL, rumors now but I believe them more than most. I'd probably stay in Ft Lauderdale or Miami if the Devils were in the SCF and I was going on a cruise.

Saturday's game is on NBC so you can easily see that anywhere. I don't know about that Boston bar another poster spoke of but Duffy's is a partner of the Florida Panthers so the game will be on. The have really good wings too.

No Versus on the ships? Games 5,6, and 7 of the finals will be on during my cruise and i would be ultra mad if i can't watch it if the lightning make the finals. So are we pretty much screwed the days it's on versus instead of NBC?

EDIT: Wikipedia says game 5, 6, and 7 will be on NBC. NBC should be on board since it is a major new channel right?

Archived