Carnival Victory review May 8, 2011

smurfm69

Embarkation

We arrived at the San Juan terminal around 10:45am and were one of the first ones to check in. There are sodas for sale in the terminal building costing around $3 for an 8 pack of 12 oz. cans. By noon, we were heading up to the Lido deck for lunch. Everything went smooth and quick with the embarkation process.

Debarkation

We had an early flight home,(11:05am), so we opted for the self assist method to get off of the ship. We were walking out of the terminal building at 7:45am and getting in a taxi to the airport. I was worried that the airport would be crowded and crazy but it was neither. Again everything went smooth and quick with the debarkation process.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jerry & Lisa,

Great review. Love it. Have a question. How close is the hotel you stayed at pre cruise from the cruise port? Did they have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel or from the hotel to the cruiseport? How did you do your transportation if not for those things? THanks.

Hmm it was still the Marriott when we were there. Go to the Marriott website and search for their hotel in San Juan, PR located on Ashford Ave. The hotel is located about 5-8 miles from the cruise port but a little too far to walk. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel which cost around $20 and took a taxi from the hotel to the cruise port which cost around $15. As I mentioned in the review, there are lots of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. The first night, we ate at the Latin grill restaurant in the hotel. They had all you can eat shrimp for $17 per person and it was very good. If you have any questions you can e mail me at smurfm69@yahoo

Smurf, Wonderful review, glad you and Lisa had a great time. We were on the Victory in 2000, she has changed alot on the interior, beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to write a review love to read them and look at the pics. Happy Cruising:D

• 4 weeks later...

Great review! I'm sailing Sept 4 - with a big roll call group who will be a TON of fun! This makes me even more excited to go! Thanks for taking the time to post - your photos are beautiful and I think you've talked me into the Segway tour. :)

This was and still is the best itinerary we have ever done. I want to do it again within the next few years. Hopefully the next time, we can get some friends/family to go with us. We did have a great roll call for this one and got to meet some really nice people. The segway tour is so much fun and an easy way to see a lot of sights without having to do a lot of walking.

Your review was great and your pictures are amazing. My husband & I are sailing on the Victory Sept. 4, 2011 and reading your review has made me more excited to set sail.:)

We are meeting some wonderful folks we have met here on a Cruise Critic roll call.

52 days to go but who's counting!!!

Jody

Thanks for the memories. We did this cruise two years ago. Had a wonderful time and want to return again.

What cabin were you in? It looks like ones that are on the front of the Victory. We were in 9203 when we sailed and have booked the same type rooms on several other ships because we liked it so much.

Thanks for the memories. We did this cruise two years ago. Had a wonderful time and want to return again.

What cabin were you in? It looks like ones that are on the front of the Victory. We were in 9203 when we sailed and have booked the same type rooms on several other ships because we liked it so much.

We were also in 9203 and loved it! Great location with a short walk to the open deck in front of the ship and a short walk to the buffet. We love the balcony rooms, but this is a great alternative and a lot cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Since all of you guys have been on this cruise I need your advice! My hubby and I leave for this cruise in January and we are having trouble with departing flights out of SJU. THe only flight that will work for us departs at 11:15am out of SJU. I hear it is absolutely crazy going from the port to SJU & carnival doesnt recommend flights before 12noon. If we keep our bags and try to get off the boat asap and call a cab asap do you think its possible to make it to SJU for a 11:15am flight??? Tips, suggestions??

Archived