Carnival Victory review May 8, 2011

smurfm69

100_0082-1.jpg

Hey...I remember that blue van. :D Don't you wish you had that van following you around on the weekend? :D

Oh hell yeah, loved that van. lol Oh I forgot to mention that I was able to taste what they called their local aphrodisiac. It was a homemade drink with some spices and 160 proof rum. It really didn't taste that bad but you could feel it burn going down so better have something ready to chase it with.

Oh hell yeah, loved that van. lol Oh I forgot to mention that I was able to taste what they called their local aphrodisiac. It was a homemade drink with some spices and 160 proof rum. It really didn't taste that bad but you could feel it burn going down so better have something ready to chase it with.

I tasted it too. It was a homeade spiced rum. I was the only one in my group brave enough to try it. Baptist called it "liquid ******", lol I really liked it. :)

Yep they called it the same thing for us. For some reason, you can't use the V word here on CC so I put aphrodisiac. lol

Wow, I had no idea. My post has already been edited. :eek: BTW, your pics are outstanding.

Yes there are several stops on the free trolley route. We had just finished the segway tour so we didn't get off at any of the stops. Just rode it around the route taking pictures and got off at the same spot where we got on.

Hi. Great review so far! Can't wait to read/see more! Where can you locate the trolley in San Juan? Is there a map of different stops or anything? Do you know what hours it runs? DH and I are thinking of doing this cruise in November, and the trolley sounds like a great way to see some sights :) Thanks! :)

There is a map of the route on puertoricodaytripsdotcom/free-trolley-old-san-juan/. It runs 7am-7pm Monday -Friday, and 9am-7pm on Saturday and Sunday. We got on at the pier right across the street from CVS. The stops are marked with a number inside a red circle. You shouldn't have to wait more than 30 minutes for one to come along.

There is a map of the route on puertoricodaytripsdotcom/free-trolley-old-san-juan/. It runs 7am-7pm Monday -Friday, and 9am-7pm on Saturday and Sunday. We got on at the pier right across the street from CVS. The stops are marked with a number inside a red circle. You shouldn't have to wait more than 30 minutes for one to come along.

Thanks for this info. Clickable link: http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/free-trolley-old-san-juan/

Next we stopped at the Caribelle Batik place where they make clothes and other items using a wax and dye method to create colorful designs. The grounds were very nicely landscaped, and included a large treee that is over 300 years old.

PRCruise336-1.jpg

PRCruise338-1.jpg

PRCruise339-1.jpg

PRCruise340-1.jpg

PRCruise343-1.jpg

Continuing on in St. Kitts, we were taken to Brimstone Hill Fort which was about 1000 ft. up. It was a fairly steep walk to get up there inside the fort but was still really cool to see.

PRCruise349-1.jpg

PRCruise350-1.jpg

PRCruise354-1.jpg

PRCruise361-1.jpg

PRCruise351-1.jpg

PRCruise357-1.jpg

Next we headed to the other side of the island where there were some resorts, larger houses, and a golf course. There was some nice scenery and then it was on to South Friars Bay Beach. Got to spend a couple hours here and then headed back to the ship. I took a couple nice pictures as we were sailing away from St. Kitts.

PRCruise368-1.jpg

PRCruise373-1.jpg

PRCruise372-1.jpg

PRCruise376-1.jpg

PRCruise375-1.jpg

Our next and last port was St. Maarten. We had been here once before going to Orient Beach,(not the nude section lol). This is the only place that we didn't have an excursion planned. We just wanted to go into Philipsburg to do some shopping and sightseeing. It's a little far to walk and you can take a taxi for a few bucks but we opted to do the water taxi. It costs $6 per person and you can take unlimited trips back and forth all day long. This option allows for some nice photo ops of the Victory. There are lots of shops along Front street and on the side streets as well. This is where we bought some alcohol(Grey Goose $25, Godiva Liquer $16). There was a Belgian Chocolate place on one of the side streets called Old Street. We spent a few bucks on some chocolate dipped potato chips. yum!

PRCruise379-1.jpg

PRCruise382-1.jpg

PRCruise384-1.jpg

PRCruise388-1.jpg

PRCruise385-1.jpg

For lunch we decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe located right on the coast by the water taxi pier. This offered some really nice views of the water. We weren't extremely hungry so our choice was an appetizer sampler costing around $22, and we were quite stuffed after finishing it off. On our final trip back to the ship, we were serenaded by one of the water taxi operators. A fun end to a nice day on St. Maarten.

PRCruise396-1.jpg

PRCruise389-1.jpg

PRCruise391-1.jpg

PRCruise393-1.jpg

PRCruise398-1.jpg

PRCruise400-1.jpg

We had smooth, calm seas the entire cruise except for a few hours on the last night while we headed back to Puerto Rico. We went through a small thunderstorm, but even then the seas weren't more than 5ft. It did make it hard to watch the movies on the big screen on the Lido Deck

PRCruise407-1.jpg

Archived