Hyatt Place North vs Hyatt pier 66

xrayvin

We will be cruising in Jan 2012 out of Fort Lauderdale. We have 2 free nights at a hyatt Hotel and I am trying to figure out which one to do. There will be 4 adults and 1 child (7 y/o). I have read reviews on both hotels independantly, but I am wondering when you compare the two which is the best way to go.

Hyatt Place seems to be close to alot of things and we would be able to walk around and find things to see and do. They also get great reviews for the service and how nice the staff is. Pier 66 looks beautiful and the views are amazing. But I have read that some of their rooms are not upgraded and seem to be a little neglected. Also nothing with in walking distance. With us getting a "free room" I am concerned we would not get one of the rooms with the great views, or beautifully remodled.

Pools are a hit or miss as it will be Jan and we wont know if we will be able to use the pool until we are there.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

The Pier 66 is a much nicer property, but you are right that you might not want to use the pool in January. There is more around Hyatt Place north but bear in mind that it is mostly grocery and wine/liquor stores and restaurants. There is a Ross Dress for Less but no other significant shopping, activities, or sightseeing. Also HP north has free airport shuttles. Hyatt Place south is near movies, lots of stores and Dave & Busters.

Archived