Which night is Formal Night Veendam Bermuda?

Smartcookie

.. which this year, with leaving NYC on Sunday, is Monday night and Friday night. And Chef Steven from the Pinnacle Grill told me that he plans on having the Le Cirque dinner on Thursday night so as to not have it formal night for those that want to go to Pinnacle Grill but not go to the Le Cirque dinner.

That's exactly how it was on the Veendam last week....formal night Monday and Friday. We ate at the Pinnacle Grill the last night onboard - Saturday - and it was a great way to end the cruise.

What is the Le Cirque dinner?

Would you all recommend making a reservation at the Pinnacle Grill?

This is our first time taking HAL (Veendam -> Bermuda next month) so any suggestions would be great. This is our wedding/honeymoon cruise so I want to make it special! Any and all recommendations are welcome :-)

Thanks!

Rachel

Pinnacle Grill is the small, more intimate high-end dining experience on HAL ships. More expensive cuts of meat, Lobster Marcaroni (my DH would sell his soul for a dish of that tonight!) and very personalized service. Worth the $20.00 cover pp I think once during your trip. Yes, you can make reservations in advance, or go to the desk right outside the Pinnacle Grill (deck 8 aft starboard side) upon boarding to make your reservation. This is open for lunch some days as well, at $10.00 pp. We have not tried it for lunch.

Be warned that the Pinnacle Grill is very close to the MDR on the Veendam and if you book it on Saturday night (Last night of cruise) you will be subject to the noise from the MDR during the Master Chef's Dinner (lots of music, singing, banging of pots and pans as staff and chefs march around, and then again later in the seating for baked alaska march).

Le Cirque dinner is held in the Pinnacle grill one evening a cruise. They change out the china, flowers etc, and use a menu from Le Cirque restaurant in NYC. We have not tried this yet, so others will have to tell you their view of it. Chef Steven, head chef at Pinnacle Grill on the Veendam, told us that he holds it on the Thursday night so as to keep it separate from Formal night (Friday) when many people want to make a Pinnacle Grill reservation for the regular menu experience there. They will ask you all week to make reservations for Le Cirque evening. It is more money than the regular Pinnacle Grill experience. $39.00 pp sticks in my mind but I might be wrong on that.

Be warned that the Pinnacle Grill is very close to the MDR on the Veendam and if you book it on Saturday night (Last night of cruise) you will be subject to the noise from the MDR during the Master Chef's Dinner (lots of music, singing, banging of pots and pans as staff and chefs march around, and then again later in the seating for baked alaska march).

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...we ate at the PG on the last night (Saturday) and I do not recall hearing noise or banging from the MDR. Our reservation was at 6pm and we were there until 8pm. I actually recall hearing the String Quartet playing in the Explorer's Lounge next door.

Archived