Patrick AFB

richandash10

When we cruise on the Dream out of Port Canaveral in July, we plan on staying at on base lodging on Patrick AFB. We'll be cruising for two weeks and plan on leaving our car there and taking a cab up to the port. Has anyone else done this?

well, good luck, I live just outside the gates of Patrick and don't often find their accommodations available when I might want to reserve them.

Patrick has torn down many of the beach units they had in the past and I had planned on using those for a wedding we have in a few weeks. Given their new reservation policies we simply arranged a group rate at the Holiday Inn.

You can now park minutes from the port for under $7 a day with a free shuttle.

I hope it works for you but if you are remembering how it was 3 years ago ... you better call again or see

http://www.gopatrickfl.com/

Don't forget that TLF is frequently full ALL summer with families who are PCS'ing in/out of Patrick. They can stay up to 30 days and get priority for reservations. You may be limited to space available, or stand-by. I would have a back-up plan. As a retired USAF member, I can tell you, there were times TLF's were full even to us with PCS orders - they just don't have the room to house everyone.

Archived