Too early to book services for 8/12 sailing?

tpbf

Posted this earlier, but it appears lost in cyberspace.

I just booked a cruise (Carib. Princess, 8/25/12) and would like to begin looking at my options, especially for pre and post hotel stays (usually use Princess hotels as in insures transport to pier). However, I cannot locate my options on the web site.

When I booked I was told there was only one London hotel - at a cost of over $1,000 a night. Can't believe this is true. That Princess phone agent admitted that was probably not correct and she thought I was just too early. She advised I call back in August, 2011.

In your Princess experiences, is she correct? Or, should I just call again and get another agent's opinion? Last time we booked this early, my recall is that we could do all except air anytime.

I agree, it may be too early for them to provide that information if they have not locked in contrats with the hotels. $1000 per night sounds a bit 'heavy' for a pre night stay through Princess. I would do as they have asked and check back with them in August or September to see what they are offering for those pre night stays. Sometimes you just have to be patient. ;)

We always book our trips way ahead (gives you something to look forward to and work towards). We usually don't book our pre and post cruise overnighters until closer to the trip. And we also don't always go through Princess. I would suggest checking it out in a couple of months, and even looking to see what is offered outside of Princess.

Archived