Tea on the Sun

KerbyTex

I haven't been on the Sun but the other ships just had Lipton tea bags unless I missed something. I'm not sure about making the hot water in suite - I never tried using the coffee maker in our suite. I think you can with that machine but you can also request your butler to bring you hot water for tea along with the Lipton tea bags.

we were in a suite on the Star-we had the lavazza machine, and there were also pods of different teas. I tried the lemon, it was really good. Our machine was hooked to a water line, so no worry about refiling. Don't know if the Sun is the same! Also with the machine, your cups are kept warm sitting on the top, and there were different size cups. The butler took care of replenishing the coffee and tea pods, sugars, creamers and all the in room silverware and dishes.. Dona

DW is English and very particular about her tea. She doesn't care for Lipton and always brings her own. Your coffee machine will provide hot water for tea in your suite or you can get if from your butler.

We have sailed the Sun four times and I recall there being 7 or 8 types of tea. Most were Bigelow. i am not a tea afficionado but the ones I recall

were English Breakfast, Earl Gray, Lemon Lift, Camomille, something with mint. I know when they would bring the little wooden box there were quite a few to choose from. Most are also available at the buffet.

If the tea pods are not to your liking, you can heat water in the coffee maker, or have room service bring you a pot at the requested hour.

Enjoy!

Miss Blossom is correct as far as the teas available in the MDR (or Buffet I think), but all we have ever had in the room is Lipton....so typically DDP snags a couple of tea bags from there and brings them back to the room. Be sure to do this during the beginning of your cruise because I recall on at least one trip that by the end of the trip, they were down to only Lipton's in the MDR too.

Archived