Parking in Charleston, SC

atlmagic

We're leaving the 29th out of Charleston on the Triumph too. So far here's what I've found----Parking is available at the port for $12.00 a day. Also, the Holiday Inn Riverview has offered us free parking during cruise. They offer a shuttle to downtown area and port.

Hope that helps some!

Thanks!

I also found the FAQ on Carnivals Web site that lays it out.

http://www.carnivalcruiselines.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals__Parking__Directions__PORT_OF_CHARLESTON.aspx

You say that Holiday Inn Riverview has offered free parking during cruise. What kind of arrange ments did you make. If it's a one night stay before you cruise it would be well worth it.

Yes, we arranged with them for 1 night before the cruise. We have 2 families traveling together so we needed 2 rooms, but it's certainly a nice deal. It never hurts to save a little money before the big splurge.

• 2 weeks later...

Two other ladies and I go to Charleston every year and try to stay somewhere different every time. The sad part is the downtown area is so expensive in the

spring because everybody wants to go then.

But we stay over on the river either the Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, or Residence Inn and I think there is a Courtyard. Check on Travelocity and check each hotel and they have reviews from other guest. Days Inn in the historic district is not very clean and its over 140. We have the Comfort Inn Riverview booked and paying 99. for 4-20-25-05. Called toll free#. Don't know if they have shuttle but a lot of them do.

My husband and I did the Triumph wonderful

• 1 month later...

I don't know what I was thinking. This is a holiday week end AND there is a major festival that week end.

I just got reservations at Holiday Inn on Northwood BLVD 12 miles from the port. The rate is $129.00 per night. They will let us park free during the cruise and cab fare should be about $18.00.

We go to Charleston all the time. It is cheaper to stay across the Cooper River in Mt. Pleasant. It is only 3 miles across the river to the pier. You can see it from the other side. Its a huge bridge over a huge river. The Holiday Inn Riverside is on the Ashley River, the opposite side from the pier. There is a big parking lot at the pier, I know because that is where we park when we go to the old market to shop.. Charleston is a great city. Check our Mt. Pleasant for hotels since they are closer than North Charleston.

We're taking off on May 29th out of Charleston on the Triumph. We've never sailled frm there before and we we wondring about the parking around/near the port. Has anyone else sailed from there?

Rates are so expensive because it is in the middle of Spoleto USA.

Mt. Pleasant is a nice place to stay but that will probably also be expensive during that time.

Archived