Cabin 8066 obstructed view on Vision of the Seas?

Last night we upgraded to a Suite GTY and today we got 2 Junior Suites. One of them 8066 and i can read on this page: http://*****************/royal-caribbean/vision-of-the-seas/cabin-selection that cabin 8066 has obstructed wiew..

Anyone have a picture from outside the boat that shows what the problem is? I havent found a good picture, but i think the problem is that you cant look strait up because of something over the balcony...

Is it possible to call Rccl and ask them to change to another JS that is available? Will they say no because we only have Suite GTY?

Last night we upgraded to a Suite GTY and today we got 2 Junior Suites. One of them 8066 and i can read on this page: http://*****************/royal-caribbean/vision-of-the-seas/cabin-selection that cabin 8066 has obstructed wiew..

Anyone have a picture from outside the boat that shows what the problem is? I havent found a good picture, but i think the problem is that you cant look strait up because of something over the balcony...

Is it possible to call Rccl and ask them to change to another JS that is available? Will they say no because we only have Suite GTY?

You can call and ask. The worst that can happen is that they will say "no".

I have not been on the Vision so I don't know what the obstruction at 8066 would be. The note on their website says:

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, private bathroom with bathtub and a sitting area with sofa bed. (243.3 sq. ft., balcony 66.7 sq. ft.)

Please note: Staterooms 8086 & 8586 have partially obstructed views.

If you have 8066, I don't think that it IS obstructed. 8086 and 8586 are the last cabins on the side of the ship, and there is probably window-washing equipment there.

• 3 years later...

Since it is a couple of years later, was wondering if anyone did sail in JS 8066 on Vision of the Seas could you please share your thoughts of the cabin? Noise, obstructed view? Thank you so much.