To Cove or...

jetsfan

I would love to try a cove balcony. Are they alot cheaper than a regular balcony and do all the ships have them?

Sorry about your husbands Mom passing. The cruise will be a very nice get away for you both. Take care.

The cove balcony cabins are less expensive than regular cabins. Only the Dream Class ships have them (Dream, Magic, and upcoming Breeze).

I've never had one, but will on my next cruise (in 11 days! yay!) and we are really looking forward to it! I think that for me, on the newer ships, I will stick with the coves because I like to look out and down, and most of the regular balconies look down on another deck, and some of the cabins can be looked into from those decks and hot tubs (so I've heard).

Can someone tell if the cove balcony dividers can be opened as they are for regular balconies? (thinking of doing a famly crusie with 2 coves side by side and want to open the divider to make one bigger balcony!)

Can someone tell if the cove balcony dividers can be opened as they are for regular balconies? (thinking of doing a famly crusie with 2 coves side by side and want to open the divider to make one bigger balcony!)

From the pictures in the link on post #24 above it appears they don't open to make a larger deck. Each balcony has a large steel/metal (???) door that is used to shut off your regular door in the event of adverse weather.

See, opening for a bigger balc is a no-go. Sorry:(

P1000577.JPG

Thanks - but I was just looking at zydeco's pics (from link posted above) and looks like he had a cove with a partition that may have opened (pic #7) - (looks like the pic you posted is of the 'weather door' - the one they use to 'close up' the balcony glass door in case of bad weather?) - wonder if some open and some don't? Anyone else have any info on this?

Thanks - but I was just looking at zydeco's pics (from link posted above) and looks like he had a cove with a partition that may have opened (pic #7) - (looks like the pic you posted is of the 'weather door' - the one they use to 'close up' the balcony glass door in case of bad weather?) - wonder if some open and some don't? Anyone else have any info on this?

Ahhh, I see what your saying. ;)

The cove balcony partitions can be opened, but not by passengers. Whether or not you can request to have them opened for you, I have no idea.

We loved the cove balcony on the Dream and whenever we book cruises on ships where they are available, we will most certainly go for the cove again.

We were in cabin #2400 on the Magic and it is under the galley. It was noisey 24/7 with either some sort of banging, dragging, mixing or other misc. noises. We got use to it after a couple of days but if you are a light sleeper then I would try to book one that is not under the galley. The balcony was great and we would book one again but be more selective on the location.

I did not get a chance to book yet, but I am going to go over the deck plans and see what cabins are under the mid ship dining room. That might be our best bet as we stay up late and that dining room is not used for breakfast.

Archived