Cruisin in december to bahamas plus ship/dining questions...

What's the weather typically like in bahamas in early december? Freezing? Chilly? Warm? We will be going on a short cruise either the first or 2nd week in december. Just curious if we should skip the water excursions or if it'll be warm enough to do them? We are going on a cruise in Oct and planning on doing dolphin excursion, but if it'll be nice in bahamas in december, we will do it then instead!

Also, just a few questions about the Sensation? Is she a nice ship? Is there a speciality restaurant?

Also, is "my time dining" just like going into a restaurant at home? You put ur name on a list and get a buzzer and wait your turn? Since we will be cruising with NO kids i don't want to have an itinery, just relax and go eat when we want to...

Just want to make sure i have all the info right :-)

You live near Tampa, so if you know what the weather is like in S. FL thats what to expect. The Bahamas are like 57 or 87 miles from Ft. Lauderdale, very close and the same latitude. We used to go to Treasure Island and swim in the ocean every xmas .. so Bahamas will be even warmer, but as you know cold snaps are not unheard of.

The only reason you would get a buzzer is if you had a large party and had to wait to be seated usually. If its just you two, the wait should not be long to be seated. Its not like you can go very far even with a buzzer, as they expect you to step right up once they buzz you... a land restaurant you can go sit in the bar.

You live near Tampa, so if you know what the weather is like in S. FL thats what to expect. The Bahamas are like 57 or 87 miles from Ft. Lauderdale, very close and the same latitude. We used to go to Treasure Island and swim in the ocean every xmas .. so Bahamas will be even warmer, but as you know cold snaps are not unheard of.

The only reason you would get a buzzer is if you had a large party and had to wait to be seated usually. If its just you two, the wait should not be long to be seated. Its not like you can go very far even with a buzzer, as they expect you to step right up once they buzz you... a land restaurant you can go sit in the bar.

That's awesome. I have always done a scheduled time dining. With kids, it makes more sense to us. But with just the 2 of us it sounds like my time dining would make more sense. I like the fact that we can go when we want, but if we would have to wait long time every night we would probably end up in lido deck, which is not what i want, so hearing it shouldn't be a long wait for 2 people makes me happy :-)

Do you have any info on the sensation? I've only been on a few carnival ships. I did a lil research and no speciality restaurant (bummer), but is it a nice ship? doesn't look like it's too big...

Archived