There's HOW MANY calories in the Melting Cake?!

The reason I ask is because I recently lost 30 lbs and want to keep most of it off if at all possible :) I can be okay with gaining a couple pounds, I just don't want to come back 10 lbs heavier!

..It's just hard when there is chocolate heaven in front of you...

We know what you mean My wife and I have lost over 180lbs between the 2 of us over the past year and half and the last time we cruised we both took a bite of that and was like OMG. I gained about 5 lbs took about 4 weeks to get rid of them but well worth it :p:p Now we have another cruise coming I am trying to lose 10 lbs before we leave so I have a little cushion :D:D

Good luck and have great cruise.

We take the stairs too, but it doesn't solve the problem completely. You'd have to walk the stairs all day to burn off an extra 500 calories!

I know...personally, I find the drinks more a concern than dessert. With dessert, I have just one..the drinks...:eek: anyone realize hwo many calories they are chugging down in alcohol and you don't even get to CHEW it!! :eek::D:p

It is a very rich dessert. I ordered it three times and I ate less than half of it each time. That is one way to control the calories.

They do offer suger free (or suger alternative) desserts daily.

That brings a smile to my face one night my wife passed on the warm melting cake . I chose to have it as nothing else looked good as she ordered the sugar free pumpkin pie , the look on her face as she took a bite of it is still with me :D:D:p yes I shared my cake with her ........

That brings a smile to my face one night my wife passed on the warm melting cake . I chose to have it as nothing else looked good as she ordered the sugar free pumpkin pie , the look on her face as she took a bite of it is still with me :D:D:p yes I shared my cake with her ........

Hahaha my boyfriend got that diet pumpkin pie on our recent cruise and thought it was soooo gross :) It jiggled strangely... it was like pumpkin jello :eek:

I'm more than a hefty girl, so I should be very aware of what I eat and when I'm on land, I am. But I find that on vacation I let myself indulge. The funny thing is.......last cruise (in Jan.) I gained 2lbs. That's it. For you more normally active people the activities on a cruise isn't that diff. from normal, maybe even less, but for me its more. The walking around the boat, the walking around ports, dancing in the night club, doing those silly games. Plus, b/c I'm always busy having fun, I don't eat as much. My 2009 cruise (when I hadn't started my weightloss program) I actually lost 5lbs.

I like their diet banana cake. Its very light, but delicious. The portion sizes are also not your typical American restaurant sizes. Sure people order two dishes and I do if I want to try something, but I eat a little bit of each dish, not the entire plate of both.

This time around I plan on losing some more weight before my cruise in October. My first goal is double digits in the double digits. So by mid July I plan to have lost double digit numbers when I hit that 99 countdown.

My boss always tells me.......Calories don't count on vacation. :D

But I think I might hit that upper jogging deck for a few laps anyway. Its so much better exercising when you are surrounded by water, lol.

Hahaha my boyfriend got that diet pumpkin pie on our recent cruise and thought it was soooo gross :) It jiggled strangely... it was like pumpkin jello :eek:

I am in tears laughing thing of that moment yes of all the things we ate that was the only truly terrible thing , and me being mean sat there for a couple of minutes licking my lips with my warm melting cake and her with that nasty pie before I shared :p:p

I always say, you are on vacation eat what ever you want. Especially on a cruise is the last place to be concerned about the food, because it is all around you. It's like an alcoholic vacationing in a liquor store. You have all that time when you get back to worry about working off calories.

Whenever anyone on a cruise says something to me about a diet or calories I always reply to them, "I better not see you waiting for an elevator, if you are so concerned use the steps and burn it off. :p

Word of advice (if you havn't already figured it out.

If it tastes good, then you probably don't want to be asking about calories or any of the other things that are in it. :D

OP, i just wondered if you were single. I have a ds that is 24 and finishing his masters. we are in ks. do you happen to know alexis hancock from edmond? would love to set you up with my ds.:p

If you are eating in the dining room which I highly suggest always do for dinner....at the bottom of the menu there is always one option that gives you all the nutritional information and I didn't see one of them over 350 calories all week.

My boss always tells me.......Calories don't count on vacation. :D

Hah! Whenever there are cookies or doughnuts at our staff meeting I like to quip "It's a good thing I'm not diabetic on Wednesdays!" :D

OP, i just wondered if you were single. I have a ds that is 24 and finishing his masters. we are in ks. do you happen to know alexis hancock from edmond? would love to set you up with my ds.:p

Yes! She went to our rival high school and is a Thunder girl now. I'm originally from Wichita! Small world!

I too work out and run 5 days a week I am not going on a cruise to count calories. I work out while on vaca so I had a choc melting cake every night !!! Only gained 1.2 lbs which went away quickly

ENJOY Life is short:)

how long have you been in edmond? we are in derby. alexis was from here, but has lived in edmond for a long time. you didn't comment on wheather you are single. as pretty as you are, i am sure you have a boyfriend. my son has done modeling, and is a fitness freak. you two would look great together. ;) Enjoy your cruise. there is usually a running track on one of the decks, so don't worry about excercising.

Amen to not watching calories on a cruise or any other vacation for that matter. One of the highlights of my vacations :) As a Weight Watcher lifetime member I eat pretty good the rest of my life so it is a treat. Yea, I'll gain a little weight and it will take a few weeks to burn it off but that is OK.

I work out everyday of the cruise but still gain weight. Takes a lot to burn off an extra 1,000 calories a day.

By the way, I do not like the chocolate melting cake. Just way too gooey for me. A bite or 2 is fine. But I will make it up in other ways. Fried food and bacon are my nemesis.

When we go in November I am not even going to worry about it because if all goes well I will have just finished an full Ironman and this will be my treat for all the workouts. Eat, sleep and eat some more. Ahhhhhh

enjoy,

Duane

I work as a personal trainer and I tell my clients it's what you do everyday that matters, not the occasional indulgence. As long as you keep making smart, healthy choices for the rest of your meals, an occasional WCMC is not going to negate the 30 lbs you lost. Get in 30 minutes of cardio (eliptical, treadmill, bike) everyday and you will be ahead of the game. I hope you are incorporating strength training in your workouts as well. The more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn even when you're lounging on your deck chair.

Have a wonderful cruise!

So far I lost 30 lbs and i want to keep it off. I have a goal. last year went on vacation in august, once back couldnt stop eating. gained these 30lbs that was so hard to loose. So I understand some people concern. Do they have like low carb cheese cake, or low carb options?

For me it'll take just a day to break my habit of good eating. I am not chancing it.

• 1 month later...

Archived