Best Carnival cruise for kids?

Roughboy

Last year my family sailed on the Carnival Elation. While it was a decent cruise over all, I was very disappointed with the family value. The kids camp, seemed more like a daycare for the children while the adults went to play, and my youngest son couldn't use the tiny water slide because he was an half inch too short. It didn't matter that he can swim like a fish, while I know at least one child that met the height requirement couldn't swim at all! I guess what I am saying is there were few family activities that involved both the children and parents. My question, we want to sail out of New Orleans, Jacksonville, or Port Canaveral on a 7+ day cruise, which ship is best for children and families?

Thanks

Rodney

How about the Ports?

Consider the Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Caymen trip on Legend. Great ship, plus zip lines, mayan ruians, dolphin encounter, sting ray city, and the best snorkeling around! What more could a kid want?:p

The Fascination-out of Jacksonville has the slides on the back of the ship in a "water Park" area, they don't go in the pool, so I am not sure that the height requirement would be as severe. Half Moon Cay would be a great water/swim day too.

Archived