June 2012 deals on European cruiselines

From 08.June 2012 to 01.July 2012, the European Soccer Championships are on again. I thought I would mention this to those who are not into soccer (I know especially most Americans don't seem to be). Last year, with the Soccer World Championship, the travel market in Europe almost collapsed, especially in countries who kept winning, and thus staying in the competition. People will stay home and watch TV, and not go on a cruise. In countries like The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Spain, they are soccer-crazy, life comes to a complete standstill when the home team plays.

Last year, in Germany and Holland, they were practically giving the holidays away last-minute. I mean, €275 for a 10 days cruise from Warnemünde to the Baltic and St.Petersburg!!! :eek: Of course, this will only go for European cruiselines like MSC, Costa, Aida, P&O and/or from European ports such as Amsterdam, Kiel, Savona or Hamburg. Most non-European guests are unaware of the football craze and book anyway, thus making RCCL, Princess, etc less vulnerable. Of course, the cruiselines are not doing any deals yet, it is still over a year away and they are hoping to sell to unsuspecting or nervous customers, but if you are willing to wait a bit and you are flexible for a last-minute trip (airfare could be the issue of course), sit on it for a while....

Archived