In room babysitting on Adventure of the Seas

Hi,

My wife and I booked a cruise on AOS next March and wanted to know if anyone has used the in room babysitting recently and what did it costs? This will be our first cruise with an infant. I know that the prices last year were about $10/hr. for 1 child, but the website says it is now $19/hr for 1 child now! :eek: So i am trying to get an idea if this is true... Thanks!

Don't know about the Adventurer - however - we were on the sister ship Explorer in March. Babysitting was indeed $19 per hour. We had scheduled babysitting at Guest Relations as soon as we boarded. This was for 2 children (I think possibly if you have 3 children there may be an additional charge - not sure) and they send 2 sitters. We had a guy and a girll for our 2 boys. All sitting was scheduled for late in the evening and the boys were ready for bed. Basically there was nothing for the sitters to do except keep them safe. (They did "play" with them and read to them - hide and seek in the cabin? LOL or so we were told) There was no problem cancelling a night if our plans changed and no charge for doing so. Also no problem with changing the time the sitter was needed. However, if you are out for 2 1/2 hours - you will be charged for 3 hours. There is no partial hour fee. Can get very expensive. I think we actually ended up using the sitter 3 times. Hate to sound cheap but at these prices we did not tip above and beyond considering our sitting bill alone as around $133-152.

Well that does make sense as to why the prices went up from $10 per hour to $19! Did they charge the costs to your expense account or did you have to pay cash?

Oh, and one more question. Does anyone know if they charge less for just 1 child? I would think that you would only need 1 person to watch an infant.

No, charge is the same and they still send two people, not a question of "need." Also, I should note that the infant must be at least 12 months of age. Oh, and payment must be in cash.

No, charge is the same and they still send two people, not a question of "need." Also, I should note that the infant must be at least 12 months of age. Oh, and payment must be in cash.

Yep, this is correct. Always two people. Its considered "safe" to have 2 people watching the child.

no, our payment was NOT in cash - went to Sea pass account every time.

Archived