Pizza on the Star??

ladyjane

Can you get pizza on the Star besides room service? I've read the Blue Lagoon has fish and chips, etc. but is there some place where we can get a pizza?

The Italian specialty restaurant has the best pizza on board. Room service pizza is horrible. I can't speak for the buffet pizza, I don't go in there.

In Sep 2009 they had it in the buffet and it was more of a wood fired type at that time (similar to what we had on the Gem, but better). One night we were eating in the Asian restaurant and the HD came in and started talking to us. I told him that that was some of the best pizza I've ever had on a cruise ship as for whatever reason, most cruise ships just don't make good pizza (IMO). It evens varies across the same line from ship to ship.

During our trip, they would have your basic flavors and then usually a couple special flavors like BBQ Chicken. We will be on the Star in August so I'm curious if it has changed.

This is good news. We are on the Star and DH and myself love a good pizza. It would be nice if they had it late nite because sometimes it is nice to grab a slice and sit out on the deck after the shows.

There is always pizza in the buffet and there is room service. Someone in this thread said it was awful. My 20 year old nephew was with us a couple cruises ago and all totaled for the week he ordered 22 room service pizzas. I guess he thought they were ok! :)

There is always pizza in the buffet and there is room service. Someone in this thread said it was awful. My 20 year old nephew was with us a couple cruises ago and all totaled for the week he ordered 22 room service pizzas. I guess he thought they were ok! :)

That must be a record for 7 night cruise!

I bet he likes cardboard too, because that is what it tastes like. More likely he was enamored with the idea of ordering pizza and having it delivered without paying anything.

Archived