America to have "Freestyle TV"

Splatitudes

NCL TO INTRODUCE IN-CABIN INTERACTIVE TELEVISON

ON PRIDE OF AMERICA

MIAMI - March 16, 2005 - Today at the Seatrade Cruise Shipping Conference in Miami Beach, NCL Corporation (NCL) announced plans to feature Freestyle Interactive Television (iTV) programming on Pride of America, the first new U.S.-flagged cruise ship in almost 50 years. Debuting this June, NCL America's Pride of America will offer state-of-the-art digital technology in each stateroom, allowing guests to customize their cruise experience in the comfort and privacy of their cabin.

The Freestyle iTV system is designed to be informative and entertaining. After selecting a topic of interest, guests will be able to view short video clips showcasing shore excursions, onboard shows and activities, port and shopping information, and onboard bars and restaurants. Additionally, passengers will be able to enjoy high-quality on-demand movies and music, book shore excursions, view dining menus, order room service, and request wake-up calls - all by use of a customized remote control. A wireless keyboard is also available in each cabin for guests who wish to send or receive CruisE-mail (NCL's onboard email service).

"Recognizing the needs of today's cruise passengers, NCL understands the value of onboard technology", said Colin Veitch, president and CEO for NCL. "NCL was the first cruise line to introduce Internet access at sea and the first line to provide onboard remote wireless Internet access (Wi Fi). Our new easy-to-use Freestyle iTV is the next step in offering high-tech convenience and choice to our cruise passengers."

Pride of America, the first new American flagged ship in nearly 50 years and the second in the NCL America fleet to cruise Hawai`i will begin roundtrip seven-day cruises from Honolulu in July. The ship's seven-day itinerary will feature a day in Hilo, Hawai'i; two days in Kahului, Maui; a day in Kona, Hawai'i; and two days in Nawiliwili, Kauai.

NCL Corporation is an innovative cruise company headquartered in Miami, Florida. With a fleet of 14 ships in service and under construction, the corporation oversees the operations of NCL, NCL America and Orient Lines. On July 4, 2004, NCL made U.S. maritime history when it introduced the reflagged Pride of Aloha, the first modern U.S.-flagged cruise ship in nearly 50 years. The 2,002 passenger ship is 100% U.S.-crewed, with most seafarers hailing from Hawai`i. The company is currently building three ships - Pride of America (delivery on June 6, 2005), Norwegian Jewel (delivery in August 2005) and Pride of Hawai`i (delivery in April 2006).

For further information on NCL or NCL America, agents in the U.S. and Canada may contact NCL at (800) 327-7030; visit NCL's website at http://www.ncl.com or on AOL at keyword: NCL; or to download high-resolution photography visit http://www.ncl.com/hires.

Archived