Oceania Nautica- Pay for whirlpool use???

dimiegirl

Hello everyone. We will be on the Nautica this summer for the first time. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if using these amenities are included or do you need to purchase a pass for the Canyon Ranch SpaClub to use them.. I realize that massage, body and skin-care treatment are at additional cost but the ranch spa club seems to also be where the gym and weight room, thalassotherapy room, and whirlpools are. Do you have to pay for the thalassotherapy pool and whirlpool use? It says on the website you need to purchase a pass, but that doesnt sound right to me :confused:that you would have to pay for the thalassotherapy pool and whirlpools. I would appreciate any information you might have. Thanks!:)

I believe that if you purchase a spa treatment, you can also use the thalassotherapy pool that day for "free". Otherwise, yes, you have to purchase a pass - I think it is $25 but I could be wrong. It is part of the Canyon Ranch Spa, therefore the cost.

Hello everyone. We will be on the Nautica this summer for the first time. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if using these amenities are included or do you need to purchase a pass for the Canyon Ranch SpaClub to use them.. I realize that massage, body and skin-care treatment are at additional cost but the ranch spa club seems to also be where the gym and weight room, Thalassotherapy room, and whirlpools are. Do you have to pay for the Thalassotherapy pool and whirlpool use? It says on the website you need to purchase a pass, but that doesn't sound right to me :confused:that you would have to pay for the Thalassotherapy pool and whirlpools. I would appreciate any information you might have. Thanks!:)

211126.jpg

There are two "free" hot tub type whirlpools adjacent to the pool, at the center of the ship. The Thalassotherapy pool is a part of the Spa and there is a charge to use it as well as the spa deck, at the front of the ship, that it sits on.

The gym, steam rooms, locker rooms and showers, although they are technically located in the Spa are also "free".

If you use one of the Spa services (such as a massage, facial or manicure) you are allowed access to the Spa deck (and the T pool) for an hour before or after your treatment.

Passes to the Spa deck are sold at the discretion of the Spa Manager and vary in cost dependent on the length of the cruise, where the ship is, and how busy the Spa is.

Spa Deck passes may be issued for a single day or for the length of your cruise. They may not be purchased in advance (believe me, I've tried :rolleyes: )

Thanks so much for your imput! I am surprised that they have a charge to use the thassotherapy pool as it is an upscale line but in any case it is good to know that I need to buy a pass. Thanks again!:)

Is there any part of that front spa deck that is not enclosed with the blue windscreen? On the R ships? On Marina? Even just a foot or two?

I'm asking for photography purposes. :)

No, the Windscreens are ubiquitous.

I understand that Os & VS pax. have complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy pool. Can anyone confirm?

On R Class ships the answer is yes as of yessterday when we disembarked.

I'm sure Jim or Stan will know the answer for the Marina and tell you ASAP.;)

On Marina, Owners-Vista-Oceania guests have open access to the Spa deck.

It's actually quite an attractive space

070254.jpg

No cabana boys, though...... :( It was agony

Thanks for the feedback ...plan to use it as much as possible in August...have been told that it's great for seniors with arthritis.

The cost of the pass is $175 per person if you purchase it for the entire cruise- it does not matter the length of the cruise-10 days or 18 days -or so I was told. On the Panama cruise it was not avertised and was empty almost every day except for the actual crossing when they let everyone without passes in. We enjoyed it almost every day-well worth the money.

103_0941_1.jpg.a415710fdd2e541e4cfac88372c1328d.jpg

103_0940_1.jpg.9791683219c3b044a9515df6e2c16c2e.jpg

Hello,

With regards to the Spa pass and use of pool -is the pool at a very warm temperature? I am not a senior but have a painful shoulder injury that will need to be surgically repaired once I am back from my cruise in July. At present I am using the hydro therapy pool at my gym and finding that helps enormously. On our cruise last year on the Insignia, I did not even venture up to that area of the ship as the weather was very warm and I used the general pool and spa every day. Alaska will probably be a different story! Can anyone advise me if this Spa pass is worth while for trips like Alaska

Thanks

Kellie

The T-pool varies in temperature from 90 to 105 degrees, dependant on which treatments are being pursued.

However, If you're cruising Alaska in mid July, it will probably be much warmer than you are assuming.

Thanks for replying. I have never cruised in a cool climate so I have never had to use the T-pool but it sounds like it may be just what I need.

Kellie

Rereading my post, I may have been unclear, but don't assume that Alaska will be cool in July.

On our last trip, it was 83 and Sunny as we passed through Glacier Bay :eek:

Yes I am getting the feeling that I am going to have to pack for all seasons!! I live in Melbourne where it is not uncommon to get four seasons in one day so it shouldn't be too difficult!!

Hey Guys

We just disembarked from the Marina a week ago Thursday - OMG, what an experience! The private serenity deck was available to concierge and above - others had to pay. We had cabana boys - we were there in the afternoon - they came by first w/drinks and to "spritz" your legs (Heaven!) then provide a cold towel. About a half hour later, they came by w/finger sandwiches. I have never felt so spoiled in all my life. I haven't been on the small ships, but Marina is one grand experience. The serenity deck was a high point. Go in the afternoon and get spoiled.

Poor Len, I hear you guys are still having winter bump into you there! We've been enjoying much warmer weather in Austin the last couple of months and the beagles have been having a great time learning to chase the year round squirrels! Hugs to you! Sorry to hijack briefly, Len and I lived very close to each other and often bumped in to each other on our morning walks until the last few months.

We enjoyed the t-pool on the R-Ships, very often had it to ourselves on our spa days. Don't forget that if you book spa treatments on port days, and for many cruises that could be every day, they are often on sale.

Planning our next O cruise now....

Nadine

• 6 months later...
Forgive my ignorance, but is the Canyon Ranch Spa deck also called the Serenity Deck? Who has access to this space during a cruise? I have read OS, VS, and Oceania suites get free access, but have also read that it is available to PH as well. :confused:

070254.jpg

The spa deck is sometimes called the Serenity Deck in the Canyon Ranch Literature, and it is located forward of the Spa.

• Patrons of the Spa are allowed access to that deck for an hour before or an hour after their treatments.

• The Spa manager also has the capacity to sell access to that deck on a daily or entire cruise basis. The prices and number of passes sold vary on a cruise by cruise basis. They are not sold in advance and must be purchased on the ship.

• Passengers who have booked certain Suites are also granted access to the Spa Deck. On the Marina, that list of Suites includes the Penthouse category, on the R ships it does not.

There was also, recently, a Cruise Critic Post which claimed that because the door to the Spa deck is not key card controlled, that other passengers might chance "sneaking out there" successfully.

070240.jpg

There was also, recently, a Cruise Critic Post which claimed that because the door to the Spa deck is not key card controlled, that other passengers might chance "sneaking out there" successfully.

They may not taken into account the number of passengers that are allowed free access there in comparison to the R-ships

So it may seem more crowded

Oceania Class ships have

• 3 Owner's Suites
  • 8 Vista Suites
  • 12 Oceania Suites
  • 124 Penthouse Suites
  • 220 Concierge Veranda Stateroom

Archived