Chefs Dinner

Denisern2

My DH and I just did the Chefs Table on the Ecstasy last week and it was awesome. Since the Ecstasy does not have a steakhouse we made reservation the first night at dinner with the maitre d. You can also email the steakhouse@whatever ship you are on or ask John Heald or Host Mach to help. The food, wine and service were the best. Definitely do it!!!

I first attempted to reserve it through John's blog and didn't hear back and then Host Mach sent my request in and I didn't hear back on that either. I went ahead and booked the steakhouse and when I received the confirmation e-mail for that, I responded to it requesting Chef's Table reservations and received confirmation within 24 hours. :D

You can email the Maitre'd directly. This seems to be the most efficient method. The address is the first two letters of the ship's name followed by "maitred@carnival.com". So:

for Liberty use limaitred@carnival.com

for Fantasy use famaitred@carnival.com

etc...

an exception is Fascination which is fsmaitred@carnival.com (I found this out by emailing the Fantasy Maitre'd by accident. They were very helpful and forwarded my request to the Fascination for me)

I tried to find where to reserve thi on CCL webite. No luck Do you know if I can reserve in advance? Thank you.

The folks at Carnival have asked that direct contact with folks on the ships not be made. With that in mind, Carnival has allowed John Heald's team to process reservation requests for the Chef's Table through his blog. Here's a link to the location where you book:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john/

You need to include the names of the guests attending, ship, sailing date, cabin number and email address for the confirmation to be sent to.

It's a brilliant experience.

:)

I did the same booked reservations with the Splendor Steak House via CCL's website & then from what I had read asked for Chef's Table. Like the previous poster said, had a confirming email in 24 hours.

I'm planning on booking this for my husband and I on our next cruise on the Liberty. We've always wanted to tour the kitchens! And we'll have a great meal too!

Let me ask... I have a shellfish allergy, will they accommodate this?

We just did this on the Splendor. It was amazing! People in our group had all sorts of requests ( not even allergies, just dislikes and they accommodated everyone ) It did seem like it would be very helpful to the chef to know in advance. Maybe when you get on board you can go to the steakhouse and let them know. Hope you enjoy it! Have a great trip

I'm planning on booking this for my husband and I on our next cruise on the Liberty. We've always wanted to tour the kitchens! And we'll have a great meal too!

The Head Chef will contact you personally once you are on board. I was called in my cabin and then the Chef came to my dinner table to discuss the meal. He ask if I had any allergies or special desires. I think my request for a Latvian dancing girl was too much for him to handle. It was a wonderful experience that I look forward to experiencing again in the future.

Just did an amazing Chef's Table dinner on the Dream.. My wife has an alergy to chives and we told them about it. At least half of the courses were served specially to her without chives. (Who would have thought that so many things had chives in it) So I am sure your issue will be accomodated.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to the great information here, I emailed the matr'd and just received the confirmation for CT on my Sensation cruise in a few weeks.

I did a search, but couldn't find anything specific on attire. What is the recommendation? Does DH need a jacket? Also, we are on the 3 night cruise ~ does anyone know which night CT is on? Thanks!!

We did the Chef's Table on the Miracle this June. WOW -- what a wonderful experience. Appetizers in the galley with champagne while dinner was in full swing -- amazing to see how it really runs. Then whisked to a private diningroom for 12 -- many courses and wine flowed. Chef Wellington Dias was in attendance throughout, answering questions and helping us appreciate each course.

An evening to remember -- $75/pp but well worth every penny. Chef Wellington Dias is a great attribute to the Carnival Corporation and we hope the Chef's Dinner continues throughout the years. It was the highllight of our cruise. Vicki & Bob

We did the Chef's Table on the Miracle this June. WOW -- what a wonderful experience. Appetizers in the galley with champagne while dinner was in full swing -- amazing to see how it really runs. Then whisked to a private diningroom for 12 -- many courses and wine flowed. Chef Wellington Dias was in attendance throughout, answering questions and helping us appreciate each course.

An evening to remember -- $75/pp but well worth every penny. Chef Wellington Dias is a great attribute to the Carnival Corporation and we hope the Chef's Dinner continues throughout the years. It was the highllight of our cruise. Vicki & Bob

Interesting - on the dream, the appetizers were in a private lounge and the dinner was served in the galley.

And it was regular casual attire - although they recommended closed toed shoes for the ladies since you were in the galley

Archived