Foot in plaster?

SALAD MUNCHER

Hi hopefully this won't happen but we are due on QV in 9 days time I have just been informed by my mother she is in A&E with a possible badly sprained or even fractured ankle / foot. I am waiting patiently for her phone call with the results, but if the worst comes to the worst and they put her foot in plaster, wll she be allowed to travel on Cunard?

Hi hopefully this won't happen but we are due on QV in 9 days time I have just been informed by my mother she is in A&E with a possible badly sprained or even fractured ankle / foot. I am waiting patiently for her phone call with the results, but if the worst comes to the worst and they put her foot in plaster, wll she be allowed to travel on Cunard?

Yes, provided that she is not travelling against medical advice.

In March I broke my foot and we were booked on the QV Atlantic Homecoming from Fort Lauderdale, that month. We did go, but rather than having a fixed plaster cast, purchased (with hospital consent) a removable plastic cast, which enable me to adjust the pressure on my foot, especially useful for the long flight.

I have to say being on crutches is much harder than it looks and very tiring (I am a 50 something), and it is a long way from the Commodore Club to the restaurant. We hired a wheelchair whilst on board, useful in ports if the roads & pavements were up to scratch, otherwise precarious.

The other thing to think about is, if your insurance covers "pre-existing conditions"

We had a great holiday, the staff were so helpful, but we were determined to make the trip! Very pleased we did although activities somewhat limited.

I hope you make it.

Thank you both so much for your replies. I have just heard it's just a bad sprain and the doctor believes it will be OK with rest in a few days. She has been looking forward to this trip for ages and it would have been a disaster for her to have to travel with a plastercast. She is almost 80 years old! Once again thank you.

Archived