Half day private tour St Petersburg

Do any of the private tour firms in St Petersburg offer half day tours (4/5 hours). We have children with us and feel that will be enough - they are not keen on the idea of an 8 hour Celebrity Cruises coach trip! We are not too worried where we go (but not Peterhof as we saw that last time). I appreciate most private tours are full day as they want to get more revenue. Thanks

contact several of the private tour companies and explain what you want-the good ones will tailor a trip for you

last year we asked for a shortened day due to dh mobility problems-he was about to have hip replacement surgery

we started our day later and so avoided the crush to get off the ship and through customs but still saw everything we wanted to.In fact because Russia was in the middle of a heatwave lots of shipmates who had been on full day tours were absolutely shattered after treking through the hermitage for hours with no airconditioning!

enjoy the planning

Lyn

Hi Kruzgal,

I'll be travelling to St. Petersberg in August with a 2 year old, so I understand your predicament. However, I ended up booking a private 8 hour tour. I was able to tailor it and make it as child friendly as possible. My tour didnt include any internal visits to museums. Didn't think my 2 year old would be too interested. However, we are going to Peterhof (I know you've already been there), and doing a city sightseeing tour, as well as a canal tour and some shopping.

The company I booked with also provides a private tour with vehicle and tour guide services for 4 hours. The price they quoted me was a little under $300 USD. I found it to be reasonable, but as I said, since i've opted to see as much as possible in St. P, I took the 8 hour tour.

If you're interested, the tour company's name is Tour de Force. I havent found many reviews on Cruise Critic about it, but hopefully their service will be great.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Marina Wilson tours of St Petersburg will also do custom tours or half day tours. They are listed on trip advisor as one of the tops. We are using them in June for a 2 day private tour for tow. Their price was right, their response was quick and very friendly and gave great suggestions.

Do any of the private tour firms in St Petersburg offer half day tours (4/5 hours). We have children with us and feel that will be enough - they are not keen on the idea of an 8 hour Celebrity Cruises coach trip! We are not too worried where we go (but not Peterhof as we saw that last time). I appreciate most private tours are full day as they want to get more revenue. Thanks

I used TJ Travel last year for a private 2 day customized tour and am using them again this year....they are very accomadating to peoples needs

Archived