Splendor Excursions

Nicalewi

Hello,

Myself and five other adults are going on the Splendor in July. Does anyone have any great recommendations for excursions? We have looked into the Dreams Resort in Cabo and are also wondering if anyone has done a day pass there? Thanks so much!

I would recommend just taking a water taxi or regular taxi to medano beach. There are many many restaurants/bars where you can have a chair and umbrella free if you buy drinks or food. Much cheaper and it is right on the beach.

Check out the ports of call boards under Mexican Riviera there is alot of info for all your ports there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Good luck!

Hello,

Myself and five other adults are going on the Splendor in July. Does anyone have any great recommendations for excursions? We have looked into the Dreams Resort in Cabo and are also wondering if anyone has done a day pass there? Thanks so much!

We booked a snorkeling tour with Pez Gato in Cabo for the first day. Loved it. I can now say that I have snorkeled in the Sea of Cortez. :D

We booked Carnival's Salsa and Salsa Tour for the second day. We made six different salsas, a dessert salsa, and margaritas. Yum!

On PV we booked Rhythm of the Nights through Carnival. We had dinner overlooking the ocean then watched a beautiful cultural show. One of my favorites to date.

Note that you stay on ship time throughout the whole cruise. Cabo is one hour ahead and PV two. We were constantly reminded to NOT rely on cell phones for the time because they automatically adjust to the time zone. (Our Pez Gato tour was scheduled for noon Cabo time but we were told to arrive at 10:45 A.M. ship time for an 11:00 A.M. ship time departure.)

We loved the zip line and guides at Los Verranos in PV. Highly recommend this as a must. We had 9 people from ages 10-late 40's and each and every one of us loved it.

Also Eco Cat in Cabo was awesome and would do again.

QUOTE=Nicalewi;29237097]Hello,

We did the Medano beach thing and would not do again. Too many people, vendors and just not relaxing and a true take on Cabo.

I would recommend just taking a water taxi or regular taxi to medano beach. There are many many restaurants/bars where you can have a chair and umbrella free if you buy drinks or food. Much cheaper and it is right on the beach.

Check out the ports of call boards under Mexican Riviera there is alot of info for all your ports there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Good luck!

We booked a snorkeling tour with Pez Gato in Cabo for the first day. Loved it. I can now say that I have snorkeled in the Sea of Cortez. :D

We booked Carnival's Salsa and Salsa Tour for the second day. We made six different salsas, a dessert salsa, and margaritas. Yum!

On PV we booked Rhythm of the Nights through Carnival. We had dinner overlooking the ocean then watched a beautiful cultural show. One of my favorites to date.

Note that you stay on ship time throughout the whole cruise. Cabo is one hour ahead and PV two. We were constantly reminded to NOT rely on cell phones for the time because they automatically adjust to the time zone. (Our Pez Gato tour was scheduled for noon Cabo time but we were told to arrive at 10:45 A.M. ship time for an 11:00 A.M. ship time departure.)

We are schedule for Pez Gato tour from 12 to 4pm. Were you able to get off the ship by 10:45 ship time (11:45 cabo time) on the first day?

We are schedule for Pez Gato tour from 12 to 4pm. Were you able to get off the ship by 10:45 ship time (11:45 cabo time) on the first day?

An announcement was made that the stickers would be given to those who did not book Carnival excursions starting at 9:00 am at the Excursion Desk. My husband took a stroll down there at 8:30 and the stickers were already being given. We got #8 and were off the ship pretty quickly. We had a good 45 minutes to peruse the shops. BTW, the Pez Gato dock is very close to the tender dock. Literally, a 30 second walk.

I hope you love Pez Gato as much as we did.

We really like the following choices:

Canopy Tour & Rhythms Of The Night (Puerto Vallarta) Carnival tours

Nikki Beach & ATV'S (Cabo 2 days) Private tours

Rhythms of the Night was spectacular! We enjoyed every minute of it. Don't want to give too much away-spoils the charm of it.

An announcement was made that the stickers would be given to those who did not book Carnival excursions starting at 9:00 am at the Excursion Desk. My husband took a stroll down there at 8:30 and the stickers were already being given. We got #8 and were off the ship pretty quickly. We had a good 45 minutes to peruse the shops. BTW, the Pez Gato dock is very close to the tender dock. Literally, a 30 second walk.

I am just worry that we won't make it to the 12 to 4pm tour on the 1st day at port. Because everyone probably want to get to port the first day. Is the second day better do you know? We dock in Cabo 7am to 4pm and I thought of booking the 10 to 2pm...but worry it might be too early and the water will be too cold to swim?

I am just worry that we won't make it to the 12 to 4pm tour on the 1st day at port. Because everyone probably want to get to port the first day. Is the second day better do you know? We dock in Cabo 7am to 4pm and I thought of booking the 10 to 2pm...but worry it might be too early and the water will be too cold to swim?

Like I said, we had no problem getting off and made it to the boat in plenty of time. As long as someone gets the stickers for debarkation early enough, you'll make it just fine.

I don't think the water temps change that much in two hours.

• 2 weeks later...
We loved the zip line and guides at Los Verranos in PV. Highly recommend this as a must. We had 9 people from ages 10-late 40's and each and every one of us loved it.

Also Eco Cat in Cabo was awesome and would do again.

QUOTE=Nicalewi;29237097]Hello,

We just got back last week and I agree that the zip lines at Los Verranos are a must do. We had 6 people age 9 to 56 and we all loved it. In Cabo we did Medrano Beach on our own one day and "loved it". Also if you like Sushi you must go to Nick San, it was the best I've ever had (and I've had alot).

We did the PM-Snorkel on the Pez Gato back in January! The 6 of us (4 kids) decided that it was our favorite part of our vacation! Those guys REALLY know how to take care of their guests and have a good time!

Maybe it's slamming shots of Tequila while "I can't drive 55!" blares through an arena sized sound system in a small club :D

ROFLMAO!!!! somehow if they thought medano beach was too crowded...I'm going out on a limb here and thinking....ummm no:D:p

Finally got to see Sammy's pad when we stayed there in May...

Archived