Victory Review - May 8-15, 2011 - Long and Lots of Pictures

shwabob

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't gotten back to anyone...a busy work schedule combined with a busy family life leaves little time to think about cruising...Until I booked the Allure the other day :-) Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement and support, both of us are much happier now that we've moved onto new chapters and challenges in our lives. Good thing is I found somebody new that also loves to cruise, so we're doing the Allure together this May. I'm quite excited.

Thank you so very much for sharing your trip! We leave on the Carnival Victory in about 30 days. Have already booked with Cosol was was very happy when we read your review.

My husband and I like to shop, but not for expensive items, but more for local handicrafts. Do you have any recommendations of places in different ports?

Well, you've already gone but there were tons of little shops in each port complex. I'm much the same way...I like to get neat little inexpensive things that remind me of where I've gone, along with the obligatory t-shirt and shot glass.

Woah! Thanks for your extensive review :) I'll be on Victory in about 90 days. Your review has given me plenty of insight to disembarking the ship and what to expect at SJU. I appreciate it! When you guys were walking around OSJ, did you encounter lots of people with carry on luggage?

I'm so sorry to hear about about you and Tara :( *hug* Hope you're staying strong.

Lots of carry-ons...sigh. Stupid baggage charges. Welcome to air travel.

I wanted to say i Loved ur gf sunglasses!!*And on that note.... Sorry to hear about your relationship. Stay strong!!

I also loved the Fact u took the bus in Barbados... *sounds like a great plan. *Did I do that for the return to the ship?

Had to lol after reading your bit on stumbling to the ship... Thanks to the blue van... Then crashing for the rest of the night.... *The crashing for the night sounds like something my BF would do. * *I can see it now.* And... Thanks for the great report on your tour... I'm thinking I'll email him n get set up for that tour at that port :) thanks for the apple tip... Now to only remember that...

I "think" the deal with the S&S card n the safe is more of a convience thing rather than it doing something to the S&S card. If ya take an old (empty) gift card n use it then stash it in your cabin someplace... Whom ever ur cabin mates are can get into the safe without the "primary" card there. *

We took the bus to the beach and back without any issues. Had to wait a few minutes each time, but it was never more than 10 and it was probably a 15-20 minute bus ride. It can be longer in the afternoons if you get on when all the kids are getting out of school, as they use the public buses to and from school.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@ Schwabob: Not sure if you still check this thread ever, but THANKS for all the amazing photos! I'm a 40-something mom taking my daughter on this cruise in Dec. (HS graduation gift). Love, love, LOVE the photos and funny insight as to what we can expect onboard & in the ports.

Sorry to hear about you & Tara, but it sounds like you have recovered nicely and I hope your Allure trip is just as fabulous! I just booked a 12-nt Mediterranean cruise with my fiancé for our honeymoon next year (RCCL Serenade, 6/24/13). :)

Archived