Government Rate for Oceanfront Miami Area

CaribQween

We were originally going to just fly into Miami late the night before our cruise so we booked a night at the JW Marriott Marquis downtown Miami. However, we really wanted to spend a little time seeing Miami so we have changed our flights to fly in two nights ahead. We'll be flying in to Fort Lauderdale and therefore will be renting a car. We would love to stay at an oceanfront hotel in the Miami area and have read that most that are nice will be on Miami Beach or South Beach. We would like some recommendations for hotels and if any offer a Federal Government rate that would be even better. Thank you.

We were originally going to just fly into Miami late the night before our cruise so we booked a night at the JW Marriott Marquis downtown Miami. However, we really wanted to spend a little time seeing Miami so we have changed our flights to fly in two nights ahead. We'll be flying in to Fort Lauderdale and therefore will be renting a car. We would love to stay at an oceanfront hotel in the Miami area and have read that most that are nice will be on Miami Beach or South Beach. We would like some recommendations for hotels and if any offer a Federal Government rate that would be even better. Thank you.

I am a government employee and got a nightly rate in October at the Marriott South Beach for $117 including taxes (room rate $104). I've been told by a few people that it is a great hotel. On the beach and a 10 minute walk to the action of South Beach but quiet enough to not be in the middle of the action. It gets good reviews on the boards and on tripadvisor.com. Definately check it out..

I am a government employee and got a nightly rate in October at the Marriott South Beach for $117 including taxes (room rate $104). I've been told by a few people that it is a great hotel. On the beach and a 10 minute walk to the action of South Beach but quiet enough to not be in the middle of the action. It gets good reviews on the boards and on tripadvisor.com. Definately check it out..

Thank you. I really appreciate your reply. Could you tell me what street that is on?

Thank you. I really appreciate your reply. Could you tell me what street that is on?

Here is the link so you can check it out

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miamb-south-beach-marriott/

The address says 161 Ocean Drive. I was told that its on Nikki Beach. When are you going? I'm there in October so I can let you know what its like if you are there after that.

Here is the link so you can check it out

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miamb-south-beach-marriott/

The address says 161 Ocean Drive. I was told that its on Nikki Beach. When are you going? I'm there in October so I can let you know what its like if you are there after that.

Thanks again for the info. We'll be there at the end of October but they don't have that same rate available. The "Govt" rate they are showing is $295. I even tried calling them. But thanks anyway for the help :).

Archived