Which pier in Vancouver

DKJ

Canada Place

Are you sure ? That's what I thought but the Vancouver Port site shows Ballantyne. I'm trying to make tranfers back to Seatac but I need to know for sure which location. I called NCL and it doesn't show until edocs are printed she said after final payment.

Confused

I guess this is reliable ? It was listed on a Guide to Vancouver site

Vancouver's second cruise ship terminal is located at Ballantyne Pier, about 10 minutes from downtown. In 2011, four cruise ships will arrive at Ballantyne:

May 14, 2011 Norwegian Star

September 24, 2011 Norwegian Star

September 25, 2011 Norwegian Pearl

September 25, 2011 Golden Princess

All other cruise ships will come into and go out of Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal.

I believe that you are starting your cruise in Seattle as that is where the Star is homeporting for the Alaska cruise season and then your cruise will end up in Vancouver - it will be at Ballantyne pier as three other ships will be at Canada Place - I know for sure because I am getting on the Star for the repo to LA and the Canal through to Tampa - now that NCL isn`t homeporting a ship in Vancouver they have to use what is available and that is Ballantyne - both the Pearl and Star used Ballantyne on there repos into Vancouver earlier this month.

Hope this helps

Cheers

I believe that you are starting your cruise in Seattle as that is where the Star is homeporting for the Alaska cruise season and then your cruise will end up in Vancouver - it will be at Ballantyne pier as three other ships will be at Canada Place - I know for sure because I am getting on the Star for the repo to LA and the Canal through to Tampa - now that NCL isn`t homeporting a ship in Vancouver they have to use what is available and that is Ballantyne - both the Pearl and Star used Ballantyne on there repos into Vancouver earlier this month.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks for the conformation !!

We used Ballyntyne (sp) for our repo in 2009 to LA. We took the bus up from Seattle and it first stopped at Canada Place then Ballyntyne. I wasn't too thrilled knowing we were basically using an industrial port and missing out on Canada Place, but it was actually ok. I've heard some people say this season they have had long lines into checking in at Canada Place (due to local officials).

When we used Ballaytyne, we got off bus, got luggage, walked maybe 30 feet, put luggage on cart, went through security, then check in, and we were upstairs on ship within 10 minutes. At that time, BL was open for lunch so we went there. Once on the ship, you still have a pretty good view of the city to the front and off the back you can see off to the back of the channel.

Archived