Carnival "Night Owl" Program

Naomi John

Fresh from Heald's Blog:

WHAT IS OFFERED NIGHTLY BY NIGHT OWLS:What are the hours of Operation? 10:00pm-3:00am (every day of the week); What ages can participate? All kids age 6 months to 11 years of age; What is the price? $6.75 per hour plus 15% gratuity per child; What is offered at Night Owls? Options to play video games, watch movies, play with toys, enjoy snacks from room services, pillow and blanket available for the kids to sleep on etc.

Owl Jams: What ages can participate? 2-11 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-12:00am; What is the cost? $13.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included); Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Fun ‘Til One: What ages can participate? 6-8 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-1:00am; What is the cost? $20.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included); Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Fun at Sea… ‘Til 3:00: What ages can participate? 9-11 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-3:00am; What is the cost? $33.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included);Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Have to say I think the new “Night Owl’s” program is a huge disappointment, (actually my first thought was “that sucks”).

First, Carnival is raising the price from $6.00 per hour after 10:00 PM for the first Child, ($4.00 for each additional child), to $6.75 per child, (does not appear to be a discount for additional children). Second, forcing a tip? An extra tip should be earned, not forced. Third, the “Night Owl” party on the Carnival Triumph in January of 2011 was only $26.00, 10 PM – 3 AM, which actually saved a cruiser $4.00. My daughter had a blast in January; she loved the gifts as well. I loved they brought her to our room at the end, which was not indicated in the announcement.

I'm not sure what a "per party" is. It maybe a family cost, (ie: 2+ kids, one price), which would be nice, but I doubt it.

I understand the price increase, but IMHO, I do not see my family participating in this late night program. She'll go to regular camp but no after hours. If it is as explained above, it's not worth it.

Fresh from Heald's Blog:

WHAT IS OFFERED NIGHTLY BY NIGHT OWLS:What are the hours of Operation? 10:00pm-3:00am (every day of the week); What ages can participate? All kids age 6 months to 11 years of age; What is the price? $6.75 per hour plus 15% gratuity per child; What is offered at Night Owls? Options to play video games, watch movies, play with toys, enjoy snacks from room services, pillow and blanket available for the kids to sleep on etc.

Owl Jams: What ages can participate? 2-11 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-12:00am; What is the cost? $13.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included); Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Fun ‘Til One: What ages can participate? 6-8 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-1:00am; What is the cost? $20.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included); Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Fun at Sea… ‘Til 3:00: What ages can participate? 9-11 Years; What are the hours of operation? 10:00pm-3:00am; What is the cost? $33.00 per party plus 15% gratuity per child (all activities included);Special Prizes/Gifts: These will be given to each child who participates in the party.

Have to say I think the new “Night Owl’s” program is a huge disappointment, (actually my first thought was “that sucks”).

First, Carnival is raising the price from $6.00 per hour after 10:00 PM for the first Child, ($4.00 for each additional child), to $6.75 per child, (does not appear to be a discount for additional children). Second, forcing a tip? An extra tip should be earned, not forced. Third, the “Night Owl” party on the Carnival Triumph in January of 2011 was only $26.00, 10 PM – 3 AM, which actually saved a cruiser $4.00. My daughter had a blast in January; she loved the gifts as well. I loved they brought her to our room at the end, which was not indicated in the announcement.

I'm not sure what a "per party" is. It maybe a family cost, (ie: 2+ kids, one price), which would be nice, but I doubt it.

I understand the price increase, but IMHO, I do not see my family participating in this late night program. She'll go to regular camp but no after hours. If it is as explained above, it's not worth it.

Could not care less,I would never leave my kid after 10 pm in kids club

Archived