Over the Door Shoe Rack on Epic

melody-s

In the past I found an over the door shoe rack hung on the bathroom door to be a convenient way to keep things organized. Is there a convenient place to hang one of those in an Epic balcony cabin?

OMGosh, I could not believe there was no door to bathroom so I went to the NCL website. The bathroom setup on the Epic is weird. First of all how unsantitary is it to use the bathroom touch the door handle to come out to wash hands. When a person is taking a shower and there is people in the room where do they get dressed. I am shocked about the layout of the room.

OMGosh, I could not believe there was no door to bathroom so I went to the NCL website. The bathroom setup on the Epic is weird. First of all how unsantitary is it to use the bathroom touch the door handle to come out to wash hands. When a person is taking a shower and there is people in the room where do they get dressed. I am shocked about the layout of the room.

As long as you wash your hands when you come out I can't see how it is unsanitary. In fact, washing your hands and then touching the door handle is what I would consider unsanitary now I think about it.

There is a curtain that can be pulled across the area if required.

I took one but never used it. Between the storage in the medicine cabinet behind the mirror and all the wire baskets inside the closet door, there was more than enough storage space. Have a great time, we loved the Epic!

We found the layout to be outstanding for our family. There is a curtain between the bath area and the room for privacy. Enjoy your cruising on other ships, as clearly the Epic isn't for you.

Hold up! NO bathroom door at all? :eek: I need to go to the NCL site and take another look at the layout?

I was also wondering about the round looking bed. My husband is 6'4" and we were concerned about the bed being awkward for sleeping.

There was more than enough storage and the toilet and shower doors are rounded, HOWEVER you can take a hanger and put it on one of the bath hooks that are by the sink and hang your organizer from it....

Hold up! NO bathroom door at all? :eek: I need to go to the NCL site and take another look at the layout?

I was also wondering about the round looking bed. My husband is 6'4" and we were concerned about the bed being awkward for sleeping.

Of course there's a bathroom door. Both the toilet area and the shower use frosted glass that you can't see through. The beds in the balcony rooms are not rounded. They're not real long, but he should have plenty of room if you pull it away from the headboard a few inches. Because of the shape of the room you can separate the bed halves only about 4-6 inches. That and the bathroom layout make this a less-than-ideal choice for roommates that don't know each other very well.

Here's the view towards the bathroom area. The shower is on one side of the door, and the toilet on the other. You can see the curtain for extra privacy. It was nice for the 4 of us because one person could shower while another changed and two others used the toilet and the sink. It's a good layout for multi-tasking

489-vi.jpg

Archived