Taking Flowers Onboard?

HockeyMom44

According to Carnival's website, yes you can bring them on:

Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.

From: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=luggage+restrictions

The bon voyage department does a nice job with the flowers I thought. Less expensive than a florist shop and your flowers are nice & waiting for you in your cabin, instead of another thing to carry on at embarkation.

I carried on flowers from the pike place market on the cruise I took from my home town. It was a nuisance because I was already carrying on so much at embarkation. They got bashed around a bit while standing in line, and then after a couple days were looking like crap (market bouquets don't tend to be the longest lived). Really wish I had not bothered.

I agree the bon voyage flowers are beautiful I have been surprised several times from my DF, when we arrived in our cabin.

We will be getting married in Nov. on St. Thomas and I would like to bring my fresh bouquet back on the ship. I don't think I will be able to, but it would be nice to enjoy it for longer than a few hours. We will see, in Nov.

We will be getting married in Nov. on St. Thomas and I would like to bring my fresh bouquet back on the ship. I don't think I will be able to, but it would be nice to enjoy it for longer than a few hours. We will see, in Nov.

I'll bet you can bring it on the ship! For one thing, I can't imagine anyone telling a bride to chuck her bouquet before getting on board, and for whatever it's worth, St. Thomas is part of the U.S. anyway.

Congratulations!

Cruistheme--Do yourself a favour, have a SILK bridal flower arrangement made as well as a fresh flower arrangement made. The fresh flower arrangement may have to be left behind, but the silk flower one can be brought on and off the ship since the flowers are fake and you will have it forever and ever, er until you get tired of dusting it and wrap it in a box and put it somewhere out of view to keep dustbunnies off of it...

A dozen roses on Carnival's website is 51 bucks.

Does anyone know if I can still "carry-on" a dozen??

I have done this before,but it has been a few years.

i know for sure you can in seattle for the alaska cruise. pikes market there has gorgeous huge bouquets for $10 that i see many passengers carry on. i hope you can get some on your ship.

Archived