cinnamon or sapphire beach?

need a vac.

we are coming in on the carnival dream at 10am. i have read other posts about the pros and cons of taking the crown bay ferry to st johns... does anyone know the cost for this ferry? since we are arriving late, is it worth it to face the crowds at trunk beach or should we go to a different beach like cinnamon? and does cinnamon beach (with all the effort to get there) compare to sapphire beach?

There are two ferries to St John. One leaves from the waterfront in town and one from Red Hook. The one from Red Hook runs more frequently (on the hour) and costs $6 round trip. However, you have to add in taxi fare to Red Hook, plus the time it takes to get to and from the ship. Is it worth it to spend probably 2 plus hours traveling? Or would you rather plop on a beach and enjoy your time that way?;)

There are more beaches on St Thomas than Sapphire....

Well, I am looking for a beach that isn't to crowded with possibly good snorkeling. I would also like the option for food and chairs, but that is lower on the list. Do you recommend anywhere? I have read lots of good reviews for sapphire except for the bathrooms... haha.

needavac., most of the tours will be at all the beaches by the time your ship docks, but if you're coming this summer, there aren't many ships anyway, so no beach will be crowded.

Cinnamon is popular during season, so it could be populated with St John land vacationers if you're coming during season. The cruise ship excursions don't go there, but the campers and other hoteliers do.

Archived