Tahitian Princess 2-21 Cruise Review

MVPinBoynton

We have completed the review of our Tahitian Princess cruise from Feb 21 through March 3. It is posted at our website, www.thepreismans.com This was the last Marquesas itinerary of the season. For those of you who are planning on doing either itinerary on the Tahitian Princess, you are in for a wonderful time. It is a most beautiful part of the world and the ship and staff are just great.

What an awesome review. So many helpful hints. Your pictures are amazing. What type of camera do you have. How much film did you take?Thanks for taking so much time and effort for review.

Enjoyed so much hope to go here someday.

Cindy

Great review and pictures, thanks. We're booked for the Cook Islands tour on the TP in Princess, but much of what you wrote about and shot is relevant for us also ... especially since we're in 7119 so it was nice to get a preview of our cabin!

Ira

Mike and Carol we really enjoyed your review on your trip.. Not sure what problem I'm having with my computer as I only a few of your pictures, down to the picture of the inside of your cabin opened up for me.. The rest of the picture blocks have a small box in upper left corner with a red X in it...My wife and I are planning on taking this cruise for her 50th birthday...Thanks again for all the great information...

raymok@earthlink.net

Oregonian and Raymok,

I am glad you enjoyed the review and I know you will really enjoy your upcoming cruises to Paradise. The red x normally means that the file has not downloaded yet. I don't know what speed connection you have, but since there are almost 200 pictures in the review, it does take a while to download on a slow connection. I have downloaded on numerous computers and it works fine, but they are through broadband connections. If they don't come down, just click on refresh and it should give you all of them, evenutally.

Wow Carol and Mike - what a difference 10 days makes! Your photos are absolutley gorgeous, the colours are how I had hoped we would have seen. We were on the cruise prior to yours and my photos are all grey and dingy as our weather was overcast 95% of the time. Wish I could do a complete replacement with ours!!

The Marquesas looked great too and your review was very entertaining. We were in 8027 and also had Marcial as our steward. You are right he was very helpful as my husband had injured his knee so was always getting us extra ice.

Thanks for sharing your memories.

Karen and David

KarenandDavid,

I am glad you enjoyed the review. I was very worried about having the type of weather you had. You must have been so disappointed. Every island we went, we were told that it was the first day that it hadn't rained. We were definitely blessed with much better weather than we deserved for traveling during the rainy season. But since we wanted to do the Marquesas itinerary, we didn't have a choice. When we go back on the Cook itinerary, it will be during a milder and drier season.

Marcial was a gem. I am so glad that I got his happy laugh on our camcorder. The TP has a wonderful crew who really seem to enjoy their jobs.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike, thanks for taking the time to prepare such a great review with fantastic photos. We were on the TP in March 2003 and March 2004. We will repeat the cruise again, with many of same CC group in March 2006. It is always fun to read and compare experiences with other cruisers. If we have time next year, I think we will have dinner at the Belvedere. I forwarded your review to some of our friends, I know they will enjoy it as well! Angie

• 4 weeks later...

July/August weather will be drier and perhaps slightly warmer, but SP is pretty temperate year round in the 70/80's range average with more rainfall in our winter months (Nov-Feb)

We went to Cooks Islands in September for our honeymoon 5 years ago (Sept 10-24th) and it was always about the average..never days that were overly hot and we did have one day out of the 10 that rained, but it was even warm on that day and we went about our day even with the rain. I don't think July or August will be much different.

Thankfully, we can do SP for anniversary trips since there is no hurricane season..caribbean is out for us. We will be on the TP for the Sept 1 sailing. Can't wait!

Archived