Liberty VS Freedom

CRUISING71

We can't decide between Liberty leaving out of MIA and Freedom leaving out of FLL.

Liberty -7 days- Western Port...Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman

Freedom- 8 days- HMC, Grand Turk, Ocho Rio and Grand Cayman.

I have been to Ocho Rio 2x on land tour, so don't care for this ports.

Price comparison, the Freedom is $ 150 more per person.

From reading the board, FLL is seem much easier to transfer from airport to port and vice versa is that true?

Plus I heard Liberty is being dry dock...what does it mean?

The Liberty will be going to dry dock, I believe in the fall. Maybe Oct? It is scheduled maintenance, and they may be adding more waterslides, and a new restaurant. Maybe an adults only Serenity deck? There are lots of rumors - you can perform a search, and see lots of opinions.

Either ship would be great, but if you've been to Jamaica a couple of times, take the cheaper Liberty.

I think you answered your own question! If you don't like Ochos Rios, and you can save $300, and you like the itinerary, go Liberty. They are both great ships! I found that leaving out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale was pretty much the same as far as getting from airport to port, and visa versa. Miami airport is huge compared to Fort Lauderdale, and gets pretty crowded. Plenty of taxis in both. There should be an announcement about definite Liberty drydock changes coming soon - John Heald has been putting out teasers about it, and it must be pretty big, cause they are pulling him from his scheduled itinerary to "roll her out" for her first cruise after drydock.

Thanks for the advices. I wonder if the dry dock will be complete by April 2012? I need to go and find John's blog.

usually dry dock only consists of about 2 weeks... have a great cruise! we just got off the liberty in feb and loveddddd it! hoping someday to go on the freedom :D

ship wise, no difference (well for now the serenity area, but I expect that will even out after dry dock). Been on both ships, and Airport to Hotels or Ports was pretty much the same to me - though we arrive a day ahead of time. Plenty of ground transportation options at either. Getting on and off the ships at either ports seemed about the same to me.

We have a cruise booked January 21 on the liberty, so it will be out of dry dock by then.

join us on the roll call!

Have been on both ships. Both are great. I prefer the Freedom 8 day (more days the better) over the Liberty. The spa on the Freedom has a lap resistance pool and a hot tub. The Liberty does not. Both have plenty to do and lots of activities if you have teens. Great service on both. Steak House awesome on the Freedom. But I would go on either of these again. You wont go wrong with either one.

Archived