Chef on princess

geocruiser

On our last Princess cruise was on Emerald Princess 11/28/10 . We really enjoyed the food on this ship. (We are comparing Emerald's food with our last two cruises--Niew Ansterdam 1/11 & Azamara Journey 3/11.) Food on Emerald Princess was better than the other two cruises.

We are planing a Princess cruise again and would like to know if the chef all way stay on the same ship? I don't know the chef's name that was working on Emerald when we sailed. So I can't call Princess and ask.

Does any one know the chef name or if he/she would be on the same ship?

My husband love the fish dinners. Some of the fish dinners were like the dishes I cook for him at home. This was the first ship that had pasta with tuna sauce. We make this at home. Husband was born in Italy and his family all ways made this dish. He was happy to find it on Princess

Maria

On our last Princess cruise was on Emerald Princess 11/28/10 . We really enjoyed the food on this ship. (We are comparing Emerald's food with our last two cruises--Niew Ansterdam 1/11 & Azamara Journey 3/11.) Food on Emerald Princess was better than the other two cruises.

We are planing a Princess cruise again and would like to know if the chef all way stay on the same ship? I don't know the chef's name that was working on Emerald when we sailed. So I can't call Princess and ask.

My husband love the fish dinners. Some of the fish dinners were like the dishes I cook for him at home. This was the first ship that had pasta with tuna sauce. We make this at home. Husband was born in Italy and his family all ways made this dish. He was happy to find it on Princess

Maria

Agreed. the executive chef on the Emerald was very good. His name was David Whelehan, from Scotland!

There's no way to be sure, you would have to know their downtime schedules (I think they are similar to the ones for captains/bridge staff) and although not common Princess can change them around on short notice.

Ask a few weeks prior and if still there, chances are decent.

He is great. Do you know if he will be on in Dec. 2011?

Maria

He was Exec Chef on our Feb Cruise but was celebrating on the night of our Chefs Table as his wife was pregnant! He may be on leave in December!!!

I am happy for both him and his wife adding to their family. If he returns to sea in Dec, I hope that he is on my cruise.

Maria

Maria

INteresting question. We were on this same cruise on Emerald (11/28/10) and thought that the food was really good. We were back on the Emerald April 27 - May 24 this year and I thought that some of the foods were now too salty. I had not noticed that back in November and wondered if the chef had changed. So, just now, I went and looked at my Patters from this most recent cruise and the executive chef is listed as Marco Goetz from Switzerland. So, the answer to your question appears to be that there is a different chef. I will say that I still think that Princess does fish better than any other cruise line and I love the fact that there are so many different vegetable dishes, but I did notice some differences - the most glaring being the extra saltiness.

Archived