Question for those who stayed at Waikiki Marriott for pre NCL cruise

Chicky331

Hello, I am new to these boards, but am finding them so helpful in planning my Hawaiian Honeymoon in August. We are starting to plan our 2 days in Honolulu prior to our cruise. We are staying at the Waikiki Marriott (booked through NCL) and were wondering if the preboarding registration at the hotel will allow us to have some time (1.5 hours) to poke around the Ahola Tower Marketplace prior to boarding (I understand they take bags right from the hotel to the ship for you). We were planning to either take the hotel shuttle or a taxi to the piers around 1pm. Please let me know you thoughts. Thanks so much!

They probably will. If they don't, it'd be an easy matter to board the ship, get your sail and sign cards, and then go off the ship to check out Aloha Tower Marketplace. There really isn't all that much to it so I estimate it'll take you about 30 minutes or so to check it out. :)

BTW, your transfers from the hotel to the ship should be included in the price of your precruise package at the Waikiki Marriott.

Spleen

We just stayed at the Marriott and pre-registered. The shuttle picked us up at 11:40 and took us to check in. You can walk over to Aloha Tower prior to checking in. I think it might be easier and faster to check in early (a 10 minute process, get your boarding pass, go to your room, or eat, then leave the ship and cross the street to the shopping center later. The ship doesn't leave port until 8 or later, they had to wait for some later NCL arranged air flights on our trip.

Archived