Intercontinetal

Missus Makkem

we are at the hotel right now and it is wonderful!!! everyone is very helpful, grounds and room are great! they are very careful about who comes into the hotel from the beach - you have to have a wristband. I like that a lot!

Thanks for the update. All I want to hear is good news about this hotel :p

We stayed at the Intercontinental in January 2010 for one night pre-cruise, going back this January for 3 nights pre cruise. We loved it, the rooms were very nice and very quiet. Grounds were incredible, we ate a couple meals on the beach at their onsite rest. very good. You wont be disappointed.

We stayed at the Intercontinental in January 2010 for one night pre-cruise' date=' going back this January for 3 nights pre cruise. We loved it, the rooms were very nice and very quiet. Grounds were incredible, we ate a couple meals on the beach at their onsite rest. very good. You wont be disappointed.[/quote']

Thanks for the update 4 c's. I'd like to see people who have recently stayed there post on this thread too. I think a lot of times, people are too picky and want to bitch about everything.

If you leave the hotel and walk to the left there are plenty of restaurants / bars to choose from. Everything from Chilis to authentic puerto rican food...Across the street to the right is a small restaurant in a plaza that makes the best coffee and mallorcas! Can't wait to be back in February!

we are at the hotel right now and it is wonderful!!! everyone is very helpful, grounds and room are great! they are very careful about who comes into the hotel from the beach - you have to have a wristband. I like that a lot!

Thank you so much for the update. we just won it thru priceline for december for $120 I was having second thoughts, and was worried I made the wrong decision. Reading your report makes me feel much better. Does anyone know if there is a store near by to pick up some soda & snacks. thanks for all of your help.:)

I just won a bid on priceline for $125 on Jan 7th to 8th. Is that too much? I tried $110 - $115 but no luck.

I paid $120 for the night of January 20th. I bid a few times before my offer was accepted. I don't think $125 is too high for that type of hotel. :)

For anyone that has stayed at the Intercontinental purchased through Priceline...did you get one of the rooms by the pool or a room in the tower? Did you have to pay an upgrade charge for an ocean view room?

I would also like to know how to get a ocean view room, when you bid on priceline. Does anyone know what kind of room do you get. Do you have to call them and request it?

I won Intercontinental on Priceline on July17 for $114 + 21.38(taxes&fees)=$135.38USD for 1 night Jan21/2012.

Then I started reading the Tripadvisor reviews and got a little worried about the reviews that reported that the hotel tries to move you to the Hampton Inn by telling you they are full. Has this happened to anyone? what did you do?

TL.

Archived