What to do in Trapani and Palamos?

Going on the Dream 2nd July. We haven't been to either of these ports before and don't really want to do an organised tour. Is there anything to do/see within a reasonable walking distance? Somewhere to sit, have lunch and people watch would be lovely plus maybe a couple of shops or a market to mooch around.

Thanks, Rosie :)

Palamos seemed a nice little place to me. the ship docks about 400 yards from the town and there is a long beach along the bay opposite the harbour. It was pretty quiet when i was there last year but i guess it warms up in the evening after we have left.

Trapani is similar in that you dock right there in the town centre, literally 50 yards from the esplanade. Of course the big attraction at Trapani is the hilltop town of Erice but that involves either a ships excursion or a taxi ride and cable car.

if you can do Erice then do! its a great little excursion and doable on your own. theres also a small beach in Trapani if you fancy a swim! its just 5 mins walk across the road and to the other side of the peninsula - if the weathers nice you find a few of the ents team heading to the beach on their afternoon off LOL

Archived