Can you provide feedback on the excursions I've booked?

shoegal24

Hello!

I'd really appreciate some reviews / feedback on the excursions we've booked for our Alaskan cruise in July. They're refundable, so if I picked a bad one, we'll cancel :)

Juneau: Harv and Marv's whale watching. Booked that today, and the woman said we can get dropped off at Mendanhal (sp?) Glacier, explore and then take the shuttle back into town. I've seen pictures of this tour, and it looks pretty awesome.

Icy Strait Point: Zip rider. The longest in the world.

Ketchikan: Southeast Sea Kayaks - Orcas Cove.

Thank you!

Hi Shoegal24! I just returned a few days ago from an Alaska cruise with a stop in Icy Strait Point. First, we had amazing weather. It was beautiful and sunny. We did a morning Whale Watching boat trip (booked through Princess) and saw a bunch of humpback whales. Great trip. I also did the Zip Rider. It is a lot of fun and worth it if you like thrills and adventures. There is a bus ride that takes you through the town of Hoonah and up in the hills (a few brief photo stops along the way) to where the Zip line starts. The bus ride is about 20-30 minutes and the rid itself is 90 seconds. You can bring your camera or video to shoot as you zip down. Icy Strait is a very small port but I found it quite endearing. Be sure to take the beach trail. It's beautiful. I think you'll like the zip line. FYI, in Juneau, we took a float plane over three glaciers to Taku Lodge for a salmon bake. AWESOME excursion. Got pretty close to a bear and the grounds are lovely. Ketchikan we did a wilderness boat ride and crab feed. I'm sure you'll love whatever you do!

Cruisin in style, Excited to hear you loved your Taku Lodge excursion. We are booked on that one in July too, can't wait. Was just on another thread talking about bears, what kind of bear did you see there? Sounds incredible. We also have a whale watch trip scheduled in Hoonah with Glacier Wind. Thanks, MJN

Can't go wrong with Harv and Marv's! It is a wonderful, personalized tour. We've gone with them twice, excellent tour, excellent service. Those small, 6 pax boats are the best - up close and personal, no crowding, very comfortable. Check out their binoculars - they are perfect for whale watching. Say hey to Jay for me!:D

Hello!

I'd really appreciate some reviews / feedback on the excursions we've booked for our Alaskan cruise in July. They're refundable, so if I picked a bad one, we'll cancel :)

Juneau: Harv and Marv's whale watching. Booked that today, and the woman said we can get dropped off at Mendanhal (sp?) Glacier, explore and then take the shuttle back into town. I've seen pictures of this tour, and it looks pretty awesome.

Thank you!

We did the Orcas Cove kayak excursion with Southeast. Simply a GREAT tour!....Very peaceful location, real pro's running the show and guiding the (small) groups.........The waters were as calm as a pond and the equipment is top rate! The views are great!!!............You'll love it!!

Hello!

Thank you!

Harv & Marv was excellent. Small boat with very personalized service. Jay drove our boat and his enthusiasm rubs off on you and makes the trip awesome. The guy was out the night before until 11pm whale watching with no paying customers to give you an idea of how much he loves the stuff.

If you can swing doing a helicopter trip it's worth it in my opinion. The views are breathtaking. Take a look -

We have had a awesome tour with Harv & Marv and capt.Liz.

We where the only payed pax on board and that was very nice.

They have made it a great Tour for us and we had beautifel weather,

we wore layers of clothes, so we could take off some ..

Archived