Club HAL Ryndam Alaska excursions

bobolink

I have read that there are sometimes excursions designed especially for Club HAL kids. Any idea if this is something we can research in advance? Contact info? DD is nine and would love to do an excursion with other kids. All that time with Mom and Dad pre-cruise, independent port excursions and independent post-cruise land tour could make for a grouchy kid.

Thanks

I would ask my TA to inquire or call HAL myself to get the answer. Then, if it is something that is available and interests you, they can book it with your booking number and credit card. Hope you will let us know because I would be surprised if HAL took the responsibility for children on excursions.

on past Alaska trips I've seen options for OLDER kids. perhaps 1 for an hour or two. example, city tours, gold panning. There are usually also a few family tours.

We have always kept our kids with us. When is you trip? How old are kids? Interrests? We've done most of this less adventuresome daytrips in most ports. Kids favorite hands down is dogsledding! (Ofcourse just seeing snow when you are from Texas is a treat!) I'd be happy to recommend.

All that said, Club HAL is definately not adopted a "daycare" set up as far as I know. They meet a few hours am, pm, and evening WHEN AT SEA. And while the age has expanded, I highly doubt the activites in port will have. But there is MUCH TO DO AS A FAMILY!

I too have seen a limited and frequently poor attended and canceled kids shore excursions. This was a few years ago. Especially in ports there is plenty of family options to consider. Look over a shore excursion list and make a list with your child perhaps? Then narrow down interests.

Once again, Budget Queen has it right. Unfortunately, there are ususally not enough kids on the cruise. HAL, does, however, preschedule tours at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Sitka. There are two tours on schedule at each port, one for the 6-12 year-olds, and the other for teens, 13-19. However, there may not be enough participants to actually go.

These would probably be fun for the kids. Don't fret if the kid's tours are canx'd. Alaska is so fantastic, it knows no age. Our then nine year-old grandson went on all of our tours with us and loved every minute. He especially enjoyed the helicopter ride and glacier landing, a kayaking trip, gold panning, and all the boat trips seeking whales, sea otters and other critters. he even enjoyed the more passive White Pass RR trip because of the staggering views and mountain goat sightings.

Sorry to take so long to express my thanks to all. Having trouble with email access on spring break trip.

We have booked very kid friendly excursions, I think. I will investigate further with HAL directly. I don't want her to miss the trips with us, but if a group of kids from the ship is doing something in port, I don't want her to miss the opportunity.

Thanks.

Bobolink

Archived