Harrisons Cave Closed? Rum Factory Tour?

I&MsMom

I just got word from an island tour operator (boat excursion) that he thought the Caves would be closed for renovations for a year, starting April 1. I've e-mailed the Cave's website with a request for a pre-booking but have not heard from them. Anyone know anything about this?

Also, since that was our plan for the morning, I was wondering if anyone has toured a rum factory? I checked and there seem to be two main possibilities: Mount Gay and the Foursquare Rum Factory and Heritage Park. I searched this thread and came up with nothing.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've heard the caves will be closed, but I will for sure check this out and post on this message board.

My preference for rum tours is Mount Gay, the oldest rum out there.. it's also very close to the seaport. Foursquare would give you a good view of Barbados cause it takes about 30min to get their from the port.

Sunniebgi: Wow, that would be great if you could confirm when the caves are closing! Still no word from the official website. We'll be there May 11.

We're going on the Thriller Ocean Adventure afternoon snorkle trip, and need to be on the dock by 12:15. With a 6 and 2 year old in tow, would you suugest investing an hour travel time going to the Foursquare Rum Factory?

I want to make it a fun day, but I've learned that trying to do too much can be the quickest way to de-rail everyone's good mood!

I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!!

Well.. the good news is.. they aren't closing yet.. the bad new is.. they don't have any official word as to when they might be closing. I know it's a big deal cause obviously people would like to know. and of course, it would be best if they closed during the "slower" tourist season.. but it still impacts everyone.

I'll try to keep on top of it, and keep this board up on whats going on.

Hi we are going in june....we were looking forward to seeing the caves...i hope that they give a date when they are going to close so we can make alternate plans....i have emailed them today...if i hear anything i will post...:(

sunniebgi I hope you can help me. I have been trying to reach thriller ocean to get a price and schedule with them for a tour on apr 15th while we are there in port but so far I cant reach them. I have tried to email to 2 different addresses and so far one said undeliverable and the other no answer from about 5 days ago....any help would be appreciated....my email address is

donnasue21@verizon.net Thanks Donna

Archived