Celebrity excursion -- St.Tropez Tour

AEGBRG

Hi everyone.

Has anyone taken the St.Tropez tour with celebrity? My family is very interested in taking this tour and would like to get some reviews of anyone who has taken it or has been to St.Tropez.

Also, we have not been to Marseille/Cassis but are leaning towards St.Tropez.

Which would you choose -- St.Tropez or Marseille? Keep in mind we have not been to either and only have time for one or the other.

Thanks in advance.

hello

Marseille look more like Alger or Tunis now specially the old port

and exept the " sacre coeur" church..

St Tropez is very crowdy in summer but to get there you will pass throught very nice little village and winnery way ,the road is pleasant you can even stop and buy or taste some local food directly on the tree !!!( apple, strawberry, water melon, melon peach.....)

make a stop to Port Grimaud if you can the waterfront i marvellous

:)

So is St.Tropez and Port Grimaud worth seeing? That is what the excursion covers. Any additional thoughts on St.Tropez from people who have been there would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

We just got back in May and did the St. Tropez tour. I thought it was good. We couldn't take the coastal route due to construction so had to go through the hills which was also very pretty.

The tour guide walked us through the town for some highlights and then we had time on our own to shop, etc. We then had lunch at a fantastic little restaurant (sorry.....can't remember the name).

After St. Tropez we took a small ride to another area/village where we could shop. It was beautiful.

I thought it was worth it, but I have always wanted to see St. Tropez.

Bought some cute sandals there too:)

I am not really sure why you would need an organized tour in St. Tropez. It's pretty small. We had an unexpected port stop here and we just walked around town and through the village. Had lunch at a small restaurant, strolled through the shops and went down the waterfront.

Marseille is a much larger city. We were there on the Feast of the Assumption, and most things were closed; many people did not even bother getting off the ship. But, we walked in to town and found the little tourist train (Les petits trains de Marseille) was running. We took it up to the Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica, where many people were making their annual pilgrimage. Those who stayed on the ship really missed out.

Don't know which I'd choose. They both have good points.

I am not really sure why you would need an organized tour in St. Tropez. It's pretty small. We had an unexpected port stop here and we just walked around town and through the village. Had lunch at a small restaurant, strolled through the shops and went down the waterfront.

Marseille is a much larger city. We were there on the Feast of the Assumption, and most things were closed; many people did not even bother getting off the ship. But, we walked in to town and found the little tourist train (Les petits trains de Marseille) was running. We took it up to the Notre Dame de la Garde Basilica, where many people were making their annual pilgrimage. Those who stayed on the ship really missed out.

Don't know which I'd choose. They both have good points.

Are their ways to get their from Toulon on our own? The ship's tour is quite expensive, but it sounds really nice. We also go to Port Grimaud, which sounds like a nice place as well.

Archived