Princess

Joeci

Is Princess good for the whole family I have two kids 11 and 17 will they have fun, Carnival and Rccl were great but we would like to try Princess during summer vacation any thoughts?

My kids are 7 and 15 and they like the programs. Although the teenager likes it better when there aren't that many teens because there doesn't seem to be a click thing going on.

Hi, I'm 15 and just came off the Golden Princess. Although Princess tends to be geared toward older cruisers, I still had a good time. The teen program didn't have great activities, but it was a good place to meet people.

If your teens are used to having many people their age around, you should be sure to cruise Princess during school breaks and the summer. I cruised during the week before most Spring Breaks, and there were only 32 teens onboard (in the summer there can be up to 200 or 300). Princess' teen program doesn't compare to Carnival's or Royal Caribbeans, but I'm sure your teens will find a way to have a great time.

Happy Cruising,

IslandSun

Golden Princess, March 2005

Radiance of the Seas, December 2003

Disney Wonder, November 2001

We took our children on Princess when they were younger and they enjoyed Princess and the programs that they offered the children so I think it is a good cruise line for the entire family. Another one to consider is Celebrity. Over the years, we took our children on Celebrity six different times and our children along with my wife and myself had an outstanding time.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Our 4 year old and 13 year old had a great time last summer on the Royal Princess Mediterranean Cruise. The 13 year old enjoyed going to the teen events and met people there that he would do other things with when the club was closed.

Cristin

My daughter has been going on cruises since she was 22 months on Carnival and Princess. She is 7 now. She loves the kids' program -- in the morning, she would ask if it was open yet.

Some suggestions: make sure you're early for the registration. A couple of years ago we arrive for the signup on the Star right on time, we thought. There was a sign on the door saying to come back for one of the other meetings. They take promptness seriously. Also if you want to sign up for the children to be there for in-port babysitting (I guess we're talking about the younger-than-teen groups), you need to do so 24-hrs prior. And if you want to sign up for the post-10pm babysitting ($5/hr and the kids will watch TV, play video games, or sleep), you need to do so earlier that day.

Archived