***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, wow you still must have an awful lot of grass to cut if you are out there for 4 hours each time you are out cutting the grass.

I did see on the news on how much rain up north where you are yesterday. You really got dumped on. Here it really rained very early and then nothing until about 10 pm when it started raining once again. So I hope we are done with it so we can get our games in tonight. So we play the first game tonight and we are playing a team that does not like to loose. They are very sore losers.

That would certainly be a solution if you knew where to go and sell everything and move into a condo or a townhouse.

Kathy

This last time I cut grass I had to use the older mower, it goes a lot slower so it took a lot more time. Saturday I get the new one, hope I can figure out how to use everything on it,

Cleared up here now, so should be a good night.

Going to see the girls tonight, don't think there will be food, one of the guys that owns the place was getting a hernia operation today. So one of his brothers will be there instead.

Good luck tonight, hope you make them sore losers again!

Sharon

Sharon, yes we did do that. This one lady from the other team never said anything to me as she was leaving. Bill has not done the standings yet, but at least we will not do any worse than were we are now. But we won.

When they deliver the new 1 on Saturday. Just ask them about it before they leave. They should be able to tell you how to operate it before they leave. So do you think that your mower is starting to die, or once the new 1 arrives will you just use the new 1 and give the old 1 a rest?

Temps today in the 80's. Last night turned out to be a very nice night. Although it was very humid. Once I got home I had to hurry back to this place as the alarm was set off and the police were over here, so I had to open up and they looked around for me. They said that someone could have Jared the door to set it off.

Kathy

Sharon, I do not know why I keep forgetting to tell you that I had to send the jerk to the ER on Monday as it looked like he was having a heart attack. He did not but is lucky to be alive, as on Tuesday he had 4 cardiac stints put in, and today he is having 2 more put in. I have never heard of anyone to have 6 stints put in before.

Bill said we remained the same in the standings as the other 2 teams also won. So still in third place.

Kathy

I will keep using the old one for the grass way in the back and the paths. It's hardier weeds and grass and dulls the blades more than the stuff closer up to the house.

That was funny, the woman even wouldn't speak to you, pepole get so silly they can't even have fun anymore.

My sister had a lot of stents put in also, that's why she couldn't ever have surgery her heart was too bad.

Good thing you got him to the ER in time, he really owes you one! That should keep him out of your way for a while too. Good no one got in and stole nothing, at least you know the alarm works.

Went up to the farmers market again after Zumba this morning. Got some of the leaf lettuce again and a BLT avocado crepe that he made right there. I was going to eat it right away but decided to bring it home and eat it. On the way home I drank quite a bit of water so was not even hungry. Guess I'll have it for dinner after I help with the line dance lessons.

Sharon

Sharon, how has that lady been doing with teaching the line dancing, and is she getting good numbers of participants who are attending the class?

That sounds like a good idea to keep the old mower around and to keep using it for the harder places, and that way you can keep the new 1 working much better for hopefully for many years to come.

If you can believe this 1 the jerk called yesterday and actually thanked me and said to me that I most likely saved his life. So he does owe me big time. Perhaps some medical person can talk some sense into him and let him know to back off and not to go around with anger and yelling anymore, if he wants to remain on this planet.

Wow very humid today and tomorrow and through this weekend we will be headed into triple digit heat index. Just stay good hydration all of the time. Stay out of the heat and the sunshine.

Once we saw that person we knew we were going to pllay our A game and shut her down so we could view the sour puss.

Stay cool,

Kathy

Kathy, he should be very appreciative of you taking him to the hospital. Maybe he will be different now. That usually changes one.

I did not take him but I had his son take him and I even had to almost force him to go as he did not want to. But we shall see what the future holds, and yes, he does owe me big time.

Kathy

Sorry to say but I bet he still doesn't change, some people just seem to be wired to be like that. But maybe he won't come in so much, at least that would help.

Yes very hot today, I was spraying for weeds and had to stop and come in to cool off two different times. I thought if I did it early it wouldn't be too bad, but it was.

Didn't have plans for tonight but one of the gals of the dancing couples called and asked me to come dancing tonight. So I will maybe eat there too.

Tomorrow would have been my sisters birthday,

Stay cool,

Sharon

Sharon, yesterday when I got home, the jerks son called me and said that they put in 3 more stints. So that makes a total of 7 stints. I have never heard of that before. What he used to do was walk around with his arms up and saying look at me I have a 45 year old body. I would say back to him, have you looked in the mirror lately, as you have a 62 year old body. So they sent him home yesterday afternoon. It would be nice if he went back down to Florida.

Very, very hot yesterday and today might be even hotter than yesterday. Then storms on Sunday sometime.

I went to my sister's house and stayed over night yesterday after work. It was her 70th birthday. Then I came back home today. So I left Bill home all alone. At least he did not get in trouble.

I hope you had a good time last night dancing and eating dinner as well. It is always nice to be around friends. Your new mower gets delivered today. Make sure they show you everything before they leave. That is their job.

Stay cool,

Kathy

To answer about my friend, she is doing a good job teaching line dancing, unfortunately most all the women have never did line dancing

before and they are having a hard time catching on and remembering the steps.

My sister's birthday is today, can't go see her.

Isn't it strange you can have all that done and they just send you home? Would think you would need to stay in the hospital to see if its all okay.

I did get the mower, and asked the guy delivering it how to work everything. Pretty much like my other ones except you have to keep a button pushed in to back up. On my other ones you just set it and then could back up as much as you wanted without having to reset it.

Went up to a thing at the fair grounds a little bit ago, it was called a Mole fest. Lost of Mexican food and music. Very crowded, very hot, didn't buy anything just looked and then came back home.

No plans for tonight, but tomorrow afternoon going to meet a gal at a restaurant half way between our houses for lunch. I met her on the Niagara Falls trip, we hit it off and buddied up most of the trip.

Sharon

Sharon, I am surprised that most of the women do not know how to line dance. I would think a lot of women would know how to do that.

So today is your sister's birthday. Has it been 1 year now since her passing? Was your sister older or younger that you?

Yes, agreed extremely hot. We have an easy to read outside thermometer and it reads 101. We are going to a party in the city at a country club tonight.

So is the new mower faster and easier to use? I am sure that back-up thing is for safety reasons. It seems like they are always updating safety things.

Stay Cool,

Kathy

My sister was 3 years older than me, it was a year ago in January she died.

Haven't used the mower yet, maybe tomorrow if it's not too wet. Met that gal forlunch and coming home it really was raining and windy. Had a nice visit with her, we sat there eating and talking for 4 hours. Will have to get together again sometime. She lost her husband 5 years ago.

Went I left the restaurant it was 92 degrees, when I got home 25 minutes later it was 71. Really cooled off in a hurry.

Dinner at the country club tonight? have a good time!

Sharon

Sharon, once again as I said last year for the loss of your sister. So you both were real close only being 3 years apart. It is also nice that you have a new friend to go out with. Wow 4 hours, that was a long time.

So we will be flying to Cleveland on Bill's free travel and we just booked our return flight with Bill mileage plus account. He had enough miles built up when we can fly back positive space. So it only cost us $60 for the service fee.

For us around here we did not get any rain yesterday and really did not get much today either a much better chance tomorrow. But is is still very hot around here.

We did not go to our country club but another 1 in the city that we had to drive to. It lasted much longer than expected and we got home kind of late. I was tired with spending the night at my sisters place.

Stay cool,

Kathy

That mileage plus account came in pretty handy! What company is that through? I just usea Discover or US Bank, get money back with Discover, think I get something with US Bank but not sure what.

I went to the pool this afternoon with some of the Zumba gals, it was packed, they were having a pool party, which only consisted of having a DJ playing music outside by the pool. It was a nice day for it. I had bought some zinc sunscreen and put that on and I didn't get red at all so that was good, only thing was it was a white color and I looked even whiter than I am! No tan at all.

When I got home I heard some knocking sound, went downstairs cause that's where it seemed to be coming from and saw a huge turkey pecking at the windows. Don't know where he came from.

No rain today, really need to get out and mow soon

Sharon

Sharon, we got home last night around 1 am. Bill's cousin came in from Australia and originally they were supposed to come out to Bill's other cousins house out your way as they have this huge farm with all kinds of an animals. So then it got changed to last night at a restaurant in Lake Zurich. So a lot of driving. She left 50 years to move with her entire family.

So how did you get rid of the turkey? You have never seen turkeys before on your property?

Yes, that sounds like a real mess with all of the party goers in the pool. I would have thought this was in the outside pool, so perhaps the inside pool was less crowded.

It would be nice if we could get some rain. It has not rained at all around here like they said it wold be. Temps in the 70's around here today.

That account is with United.

Kathy

The turkey left on its own, I have seen them here before but none ever pecked on the window like that one did.

Did his cousin say how she likes Australia? Guess must be pretty good if she is still there. I heard there are a lot of poisonous bugs and stuff there.

Yes that was quite a ride for you to come out to Lake Zurich.

The pool party the other day was outside, the pool inside was taken over pretty much by kids throwing balls around, with no parents around.

I went to Zumba this morning and then over to another town to watch the parade at 11am. Around 3:30 just before I was going to leave to my friends house it started pouring rain. So I waited till that was over and then went. We went up to the lakefront and had dinner, everyone brought something and my friend had made pulled pork. The fireworks started around 9:30. I just got home at 11 since we waited for the parking lot to clear out before even trying to leave.

I am tired, not sure I will go to Zumba tomorrow yet.

Sharon

Sharon, they all are staying downtown Chicago right on the lakefront. So they will be leaving tomorrow for LAS and from there will go to California to see Disney World and then back home. So she is the only 1 who has not come back in 50 years. She married and has 3 kids. There was a total of 7 of them. So it was Bill's uncle and that would have been his Dad's brother and his entire family who had 4 kids, the oldest is dead now. The uncle and aunt are also both dead. Bill did not rule out the possibility that we may go there someday, so who knows.

Well it sounds like you really had a great time yesterday. I have no idea if downtown Chicago had their fireworks last night or not. All of the towns fireworks were canceled last night due to heavy rain and thunder and lighten. We did not get any rain at all until 8:30 last night and then at 9 the sky just opened up and it just poured. In a few hours it will start raining around here once again. We really needed the rain.

When I came home for lunch just a little while ago, I had to check to see if Bill was alive. He was still sleeping, and was extremely tired from all of the activities this week. With us going up north so late on Monday and getting back so late that night. Then on Tuesday he had to get up real early to go up north once again to United Headquarters to meet with someone. So he really never got caught up until now.

So back to the bump and grind once again. On Tuesday we got out early around noon and then had a nice day of relaxing yesterday, something I rarely do. Now I am hearing the rain just starting to pour once again.

You should sleep in today you deserve a rest as well. I wish I could do that. After work today I am going to get my nails done.

Kathy

No didn't sleep in, woke up so decided I might as well go and exercise, I will have Fri Sat and Sun off.

Made my flight arrangements today for my great grandsons birthday on the 28th of this month. I waited too long and now have to really pay a lot for the airfare! Also made my hotel reservation so I am all set. Will only be gone Friday and back on Monday.

Only had a brief, 15minute shower yesterday and then later that night around 7 or 8 had some sprinkles but not enough to stop any fireworks.

Doing some laundry today,and pretty much staying inside its hot out there again.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill had called me and told me that we have water in out basement. So he is busy cleaning that up. The village shut off the sewers in our alley as it had rained so much they needed to let the regular sewers drain all of the water first. So the water came up form the laundry tubs and over flowed into the basement. It really rained with very heavy downpours.

So where are you exactly flying into? It is too bad that you could not get a good airline deal. What airline are you flying on?

We got rain last night but it was not the rain that canceled the legal fireworks, it was all of the lightening that stopped them all rescheduled for Friday.

Well since you could not sleep you might as well go and do the exercise. Got you up and going.

Kathy

That can be a real mess if the basement floods, sounds like your was not too bad though. A while back we had a real bad rain and a friend in Elkhorn had several feet of water in her basement. She lost her freezer and beds and chest of drawers and actually everything down there, including doors and walls.

That's not fair the sewers were shut down, they should be able to handle the rain.

I was looking at flights again today and saw the same hours except for a few minutes had been added, so I canceled that flight I got yesterday and booked the new one. The old one was $380, the new one $3I8. Still a lot, but better. I am going to look again tomorrow! Might be a cheaper one still, never know. I am flying into Dallas and wanted to leave from Milwaukee, it is so much easier to get to and so much less crowded. So both the old and new flights are from Milwaukee, thought I was going to have to get a flight from Ohare and then get a room and come down the night before, but it worked out great, I will just leave here a couple of hours early and get there in time. I like to fly American, so only was looking at those, I did see that Spirit had cheaper ones but not sure about that airline.

My friends parent are here from Florida and I went with them tonight to listen to them sing Kaioke , they love to do it, and do it every day in Florida, even sing at nursing homes. They do pretty good with duets and she sings good, him not so much but he enjoys it and that's the main thing. We met a guy there that we knew from dancing 20 years ago. He danced with both me and my friend so that made it kinda more fun too.

Well just got home, its 12:30 am so better get to bed

Sharon

Sharon, we just got back from an event in Berwyn, IL. At least it was a good day for an outside event. At least we are not in that blazing heat.

It was only a portion of our basement by the laundry tubs. Just got a bunch of boxes. Bill is going to buy some shelves to get everything off of the floor. But I agree that was not right them shutting off the alley sewers for that time. I heard that we got 5" of rainfall. Too bad about you friend when her entire basement flooded.

So did you check and see if you could get a cheaper flight today? The air fairs can go up and down. So you might as well see if you can get a better price.

Kathy

i did check the flights again, but nothing cheaper ore even close to what I have now. But I did notice today that the one I picked coming home has a stop at O'Hare for a couple of hours. I usually only pick non stop, guess I didn't notice that when I picked it. I will continue to look tomorrow but by Monday it will not be cancelable anyway. Just makes me get into Milwaukee at 10 pm and then another hour or two to get home from there.

It was a beautiful day, no humidity. A friend from town called and asked if I wanted yo go bike riding. She came and picked me & the bike up and we went to a nice paved trail. We rode a little over 8 miles. It was nice being out side. She is worried about her husband, he hurt his shoulder 2 weeks ago and its not better. He is getting an MRI on Monday to see what is going on. He has had some heart problems last fall and has never really bounced back and now this.

Not sure if you remember Ellen from our meno posts, her husband thought he had hurt his stomach muscles from exercising, but turns out it is inoperable lung cancer. He is in terrible pain and waiting to get a pet scan to see how far it has gone. Paula who is now in remission from stage 4 ovarian cancer is trying to help guide her as to what to do next. Very scary this stupid cancer stuff.

Tomorrow might have to cut some more grass, not looking forward to that again so soon. Maybe it will slow up a little, not supposed to rain all week now.

Sharon

Sharon, have you used the new mower yet, or will today be the first time you have used it? Yes, I did see where we are headed into a dry spell now. Temps for us today in the 80's. Can't stop the weeds though, they are just all over the place.

Yes, I do remember her from back then. That is too bad about the cancer. I agree once you think that you are clear of it, somehow it comes back. Bill is a tree time cancer survivor and knock on wood nothing has returned for him.

Well you only have today to look for flights that may be cheaper than the 1 you have now. As of tomorrow you will not be able to cancel without being charged. Who knows you may get lucky. I know we made it home from Milwaukee in just over an hour once. So you should be able to make it home in a much shorter time. It will be nice for you to get away for a spell.

That was nice that you were able to get out for a nice bike ride. I need to go and get a bike that fits me. The 1 I just got rid of I could not get my feet on the ground.

Kathy

This is the second time I am using the new mower. I covered up my legs and arms real good with lotion and wore long jeans and a flannel shirt but when I finally go done cutting grass and came in my legs and arms were very, very sunburned. I took a shower right away and put some more lotion on and now I am freezing from them being so burned. I can understand the flannel shirt is well worn but the pants are not.

I am always so careful not to get burned and now I have done it!

Weren't you going to look for another bike last year? It is fun when the trail is flat and not like the roads here that are so hilly its hard to ride.

Yes, I will look once again at the flights but don't think there will be anything new now come up. It's alright if there's not I'll stick with what I've got.

The gal from church told me today her husband has stopped dialysis, so it will be only a matter of time now. She asked me if I would come with her tomorrow to witness some papers she is filling out for after his death. Of course I said yes.

So many people with so many problems and I thought mine were earth shattering!

Sharon