Fun Non-Alcoholic Drinks?

albertamom

We are taking our first cruise this December (POA). My son (13) is a big soda drinker, so a soda card is probably a must for him. My daughter (12), however, is not. If my son is looking forward to a week of unlimited soda (:eek:), what are some of your favorite fun non-alcoholic drinks that she might be able to look forward to trying?

what does she enjoy to drink at home?

We stay pretty boring at home - a variety of juices, milk, water, iced tea, the occasional soda. She likes an orange julius at the mall, and occasionally a Shirley Temple when we go out to dinner.

The cruise is all about having fun and trying new things (and feeling a little "grown up")! Do they serve virgin pina coladas, daiquiris, mai-tais, etc.?

We stay pretty boring at home - a variety of juices, milk, water, iced tea, the occasional soda. She likes an orange julius at the mall, and occasionally a Shirley Temple when we go out to dinner.

The cruise is all about having fun and trying new things (and feeling a little "grown up")! Do they serve virgin pina coladas, daiquiris, mai-tais, etc.?

I do not drink..I know that is strange to some, but I love my Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris, and Pina Coladas. They are one of my favorite things on vacation. They will make any drink without alcohol. Have a great cruise!

Maybe she would like to try the fruit smoothies? Besides a Shirley Temple, don't forget about a Roy Rogers (Coke and Marichino cherry juice)

Is there a specific fruit smoothie place, or can you get them pretty much anywhere? And I did forget about a Roy Rogers, thank you!

Oh yes I realize that drinks at home wouldn't probably be what you wanted for her on the ship. Just to get an idea for posters of her likes so they could make suggestions in that direction. Yes all mixed cocktails can come w/o alcohol, you may be able to get some of the "drinks of the day" without alcohol, but you might want to ask for it without the souvinir glass, it's cheaper. Or if she wants the glass, the first one in it and the rest without.

Some of our drinks of the day were

Rebellious Fish

Mangopolitan

Dark & Stormy

I never had any of these so I'm not sure if the flavor comes from mix (like a pina colada) or from the alcohol.

I have not seen it posted anywhere but I wondered what kind of price do they put on the non-alcholic versions of the pina coladas and daiquiris??? I love them but not so fond of the alcohol...

If I remember correctly it's $2 less which would be about $5 for no alcohol. Unless you specify not to put it in a souvenir glass they usually do and charge you for the glass which I think is $2. :confused:

Oh yes I realize that drinks at home wouldn't probably be what you wanted for her on the ship. Just to get an idea for posters of her likes so they could make suggestions in that direction. Yes all mixed cocktails can come w/o alcohol, you may be able to get some of the "drinks of the day" without alcohol, but you might want to ask for it without the souvinir glass, it's cheaper. Or if she wants the glass, the first one in it and the rest without.

Some of our drinks of the day were

Rebellious Fish

Mangopolitan

Dark & Stormy

I never had any of these so I'm not sure if the flavor comes from mix (like a pina colada) or from the alcohol.

She will most definitely want the souvenir glass! (I can see her big eyes and beaming smile now!):D

This may not fit the special for vacation 'fancy' criteria, but we bring Crystal Light individual packets [in different flavors and they take up no packing space really] and put them in carbonated water. Very gooood.

carbonated water? I've never thought of that. That may make a nice refreshing drink on a warm summer day. Thanks for the idea

I did always enjoy a "Miami Vice" on Carnival. Not sure what NCL calls it. It's half pina colada and half strawberry daquiri. Mmmmm Mmmmm good!!!

Oooooh! We had these during our stay on the Big Island. They called it a Lava Flow, and it was soooooo good!:D

This may not fit the special for vacation 'fancy' criteria, but we bring Crystal Light individual packets [in different flavors and they take up no packing space really] and put them in carbonated water. Very gooood.

That does sound very good! We had already discussed bringing lemonade packets to add to the iced tea. We'll test-run this at home, too. One or two "fancy" drinks a day is enough, to correspond with the one or two fancy "adult" beverages that I plan on enjoying. This would be good for other times of the day. Is Club Soda included as part of the soda card?

I'd like to suggest, in the interest of safety, that if you plan to ask for a normally alchoholic drink without the alchohol please remember to taste test it first. I know that they would do their best, but I know that sometimes people are on auto pilot. I'd hate for any child to get alchohol by accident.

I'd like to suggest, in the interest of safety, that if you plan to ask for a normally alchoholic drink without the alchohol please remember to taste test it first. I know that they would do their best, but I know that sometimes people are on auto pilot. I'd hate for any child to get alchohol by accident.

Definitely a good idea. Thank you!

I did always enjoy a "Miami Vice" on Carnival. Not sure what NCL calls it. It's half pina colada and half strawberry daquiri. Mmmmm Mmmmm good!!!

They used to offer these in a cool divided glass that used 2 straws so you got both flavors. It was called a "Double Trouble" Yum!

Not sure where they do the smoothies. Hopefully someone else knows.

Excellent idea about testing the non-alcoholic drinks. Would be an easy mistake for a bartender.

I think they had a smoothie passport for a discounted price for the tweens/teens. I also remember there being a Smoothie tasting as well. You might get some new ideas there. Once, we asked a bartender to make something special for our daughter...he created a drink with juices, soda and ice cream that was quite good.

Archived