Chance to wear a tux in Alaska?

Hi! My husband and I are going on the August 24th Alaskan cruise on the Mariner. My husband bought a tux for our wedding (in January) and has been itching to wear it again...any chance that there'd be an appropriate time for it on the ship?

(We both like to dress up on occasion, so we were slightly disappointed to see no formal nights on the ship, despite it being the *perfect* cruise in every other aspect.)

Hi! My husband and I are going on the August 24th Alaskan cruise on the Mariner. My husband bought a tux for our wedding (in January) and has been itching to wear it again...any chance that there'd be an appropriate time for it on the ship?

(We both like to dress up on occasion, so we were slightly disappointed to see no formal nights on the ship, despite it being the *perfect* cruise in every other aspect.)

On a 7 day cruise you should have 2 formal nights. People tend to dress up on RSSC so you won't feel out of place dressing up. Have a great time

Mike

On the Alaskan cruises, Radisson is country-club casual throughout the seven days. The only time I put on a tie was to eat at Signatures. I never saw a tux on the ship--at least not worn by a fellow passenger.

Unless things change drastically in one year, your husband will look like a waiter in his tux! We were on the Mariner last August and thankfully--for us, at least-- it was country club casual all the way. My husband did not even bring a jacket and we were welcome in all the restaurants every night. Enjoy the cruise - it's a fabulous ship and a great itinerary!

Right, it is totally country club casual, unlike my first cruise during Navigator's maiden year, (can't remember when). I too, like to dress for dinner. On this cruise, however, you need to pack parkas, hats, gloves, etc, even though you may never need them! The weather is that unpredictable~

That "waiter" thing from ElleninNY was really funny, but so true for Alaska! Have a great cruise!

With all this talk about clothes for cold weather, I feel I should warn you that last August, Alaska had record-breaking hot weather! We cruised through the Inside Passage, feeling more like we were in the Mediterranean. We never wore our hats and gloves and were, in fact, sweaty most of the time! Ne sure to bring enough of everything, including a bathing suit for those days at sea!

My husband did wear a tux in our RSSC Alaska cruise, but, like JHP, we went in the Navigator's inagural season a few years ago . I guess these cruises have become ore casual. Do bring your bathing suit . We had warm weather while in one of the ports and we used the pool( it was heated and divine!)

Archived