suites

palladian

I think what the OP is asking is if there are any suites on the Spirit that should be avoided, and whether cabins near the elevator are noisy or are okay. My brother never uses punctuation or capitalization in his emails; drives me a bit batty, but you get used to it!

If you get seasick easily, avoid the upper decks and those at the bow of the ship. On a stormy day, you can feel the difference at the "observation lounge" (deck 11 at bow) and at the Restaurant (deck 4 midship).

We don't know of any cabin being very noisy. At the beginning (early 2010), there was talk that Cabin 640 to 650 might be noisy when the band was practising or playing below in the main bar. Subsequently, that problem seemed to have been taken care of one way or another. When we were on board November 22 to December 2, 2010, we asked and nobody seemed to be bothered, and the Philippino trio there played soft seranades rather than loud music.

If you have not been on the older four Silversea ships, you will be very happy with the Spirit. On the other hand, it seems more people prefer the older ships than the new. In any case, enjoy and bon voyage!

I wanted to add to what Scotspea said.

We have good friends who were on a back to back cruise on the Spririt and they found the Mid Ship Verandah Suites on deck 8 that are blow the Pool Bar area to be noisy. They were moved on the second segment to another location.

Keith

Archived