Regarding passports.....

shayelle

Scan (or otherwise) make the document in to a PDF. Email the PDF to yourself. Once in the Mail app on the iPad or iPhone tap the email attachment and add it to the iBook app. (The iBook app is free if you don't have it.)

You can also sync the document when the iPad or iPhone is attached to your computer, but the email way is easier.

Thanks. Still learning the ins and outs of my new iPad.

I always thought that if you were a no show when the time came for the ship to leave, then someone from the purser's office would access your cabin and safe to see if you passport was in there and they would leave it with the port agent -............
That has been our understanding too. We were only told that "an officer" removes the passport from the safe and leaves it with the port agent.

(I recall once hearing mention of needing to have two people present so that there would be a witness when they open a passenger's safe.)

But now, since a few people here are claiming otherwise, I am starting to wonder if they have information more current than ours. In any case, after reading this thread I am making a note to myself to ask about it again on our next cruise.

We also leave our passports in the safe and only take a photocopy off the ship, except when instructed otherwise. The photocopy has always been accepted as ID for reboarding the ship at ports where they asked for a photo ID. We only take our driver's license off at ports where we plan to drive.

I figure if there is a possibility of getting mugged, I would rather lose the photocopy than the driver's license, and definitely would rather lose the photocopy than the passport.

Archived