Princess website cruise prices

If you haven't been to the "new" Princess website to check out the price of your booked or dream cruise, have a look at the prices before you sign in to "My Princess".

You will be asked to register (again) and be prepared to be amazed at the price differences.

When I did this yesterday, I thought the prices had skyrocketed:eek:

After registering again and entering my Captain Circle number, the price returned to "normal" :rolleyes:

I'm thinking that the extra registration and subsequent price difference for past passengers is another way to entice more cruisers over to Princess. This is similar to the marketing practices used in their brouchures.

Do you think it works or is fair?

Have you noticed any other new features on the Princess website?

If you haven't been to the "new" Princess website to check out the price of your booked or dream cruise, have a look at the prices before you sign in to "My Princess".

You will be asked to register (again) and be prepared to be amazed at the price differences.

When I did this yesterday, I thought the prices had skyrocketed:eek:

After registering again and entering my Captain Circle number, the price returned to "normal" :rolleyes:

I'm thinking that the extra registration and subsequent price difference for past passengers is another way to entice more cruisers over to Princess. This is similar to the marketing practices used in their brouchures.

Do you think it works or is fair?

Have you noticed any other new features on the Princess website?

Anna i havent noticed any new features on the Princess site but if we sign in and check cruises we always get a decent discount and any past passenger would get that too

bob

I dont think anything is very fair about the way that cruise prices are advertised in Australia. The brochure prices are questionable to say the least...traps for the unwary. ALWAYS shop around.

I still dont understand why we dont enjoy the same booking conditions as are available in other cruise markets. The ability to change your mind or transfer to another cruise or honour price drops.

I noticed the Radiance weekend cruise I am booked on is now double what I paid for it and its not until November.

Anna i havent noticed any new features on the Princess site but if we sign in and check cruises we always get a decent discount and any past passenger would get that too

bob

Hi Bob,

With the Princess site, the "non-logged-in price" and logged in price were the same a few weeks ago. Now there is a several thousand $'s difference. I almost fell off my chair before I logged in, as I thought we snavelled the ultimate bargain booking so early.

I dont think anything is very fair about the way that cruise prices are advertised in Australia. The brochure prices are questionable to say the least...traps for the unwary. ALWAYS shop around.

I still dont understand why we dont enjoy the same booking conditions as are available in other cruise markets. The ability to change your mind or transfer to another cruise or honour price drops.

I noticed the Radiance weekend cruise I am booked on is now double what I paid for it and its not until November.

We are still getting ripped off, I have ascertained North American cruisers are getting on board Ruby Princess and Coral Princess (our next two bookings) for around 20% less than we are paying.

But then what's new?

Really Princess web prices here don't differ much from the big on line T/A's here. I booked with a big on line T/A here, and on booking Ruby for the 30 dayer, only inside cabins available, so I took one, but the consultant monitered Princess daily and when an oceanview became available, snapped it up for me, at a price of course. Good service anyway.

Anyway, there are ways and means of getting around the 20% more we pay than the Americans, if you know what I mean, plenty of BYO wine on US Princess ships, (unlike Dawn Princess WC !) and you can always confer with the Purser re your auto tips, if you know what I mean. Plus as Elite pax, we can run that no charge laundry to the max, drink all their complimentary mini bar, use up all our no charge internet time, even get my shoes shined 10 times day, etc, etc. We earnt it, we use it !

Archived