Hobart Nov 2011 - Car rental?

pfd104

Hi everyone: We will be visiting Hobart on a cruise in late November 2011, I would like to know which car rental agencies are located close to where the ship docks? We plan to rent a car for the day and travel to Port Arthur and the peninsula. Thanks

We were there in Jan 2010 on Diamond Princess. We hired a car with Thrifty, who are the closest car rental firm to the port in Hobart, only 2 streets away. However, we did not book direct with Thrifty, as their prices were more. If you go to http://www.RentNewcars.com.au you will find a selection to chose from. We booked with them, found out it was actually 'Thrifty', and as said cheaper prices. We had a great car, mid size to large, a Toyota Camry 2009 model, with total cost of AU$67.15. This included GST, insurance excess reduction, windscreen and tyre.....everything you need for coverage, oh yes, and unlimited kms. We had to show our credit card, re a security bond of $385, but this was never debited as we had the car back in one piece.

All this info comes from the paperwork that I still have. I thoroughly recommend them.

We also went down that way.....beautiful, and a very easy drive.

Jen

• 1 month later...
Would that be their location on 11- 17 Argyle Street ? Thanks

Yes, that the address. We went the same route, but didn't enter Pt Arthur, as had seen before. We had enough time to get back into Hobart, have a good drive around, went up the mountain for stunning views, and also spent an hour for lunch elsewhere. Easy.

Jen

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone: We will be visiting Hobart on a cruise in late November 2011, I would like to know which car rental agencies are located close to where the ship docks? We plan to rent a car for the day and travel to Port Arthur and the peninsula. Thanks

We are also from Toronto and will be cruising on the Century. We are also planning to rent a car in Hobart. I have a GPS of Australia. Would you like to share a car?

Archived